Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from 11.5 to 12.0 Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have recently migrated from 11.5 to 12.0.3(Build 106),

The issue is , when we try to open the some of the transactions or templates for editing, or try to call these from web pages, we are getting error <USERNAME> is not assigned a role that can perform this task.even when <USERNAME> is having the admin role.

Please help.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have had this error before, and I can not remember the solution exactly. It should be here somewhere on SDN, if you search for it.

But you need to export the transaction (and export one that will work as well). Maybee export the hole project. Then you need to compare the transactions and alter some security settings or user settings manually. Make a simple one and it sould be easy to find it.

Then re-import the trx file.

I had the problem with some of the transactions from the SDN, so I had the trx file to modify.

BR

Poul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Paul

Thanks for the reply,

The issue with us is that not all the transactions or Templates are behaving in that manner, some of the transactions are working without problem and some are giving error that I mentioned.

Let us try with SP04 and will post my experience with that.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

The access to Transaction was Administrators and Developers and NOT to XMII Administrators and XMII Developers.

Manually changing the access Roles and Importing did the trick for me

Thanks Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think this maybe related to the system security setting. but i am not sure.

u had better ask ur basis consultant to fix this. in our team, we let the basis to handle this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Which tool you are using for migration? I think xMII objects are not migrated properly from 11.5 to 12.0.3.

You use SP04 tool or I would recommend that you use the newest version possible.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manisha,

We have used SP03 for our Migration, We checked on SMP that the latest is 04 and will start migration using that,

Hopefully this time we will not get such issues.

Regards