cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot import profiles in RZ10 - Urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am not able to import all profiles in RZ10 through Utilities --> Import Profiles --> Of active Servers

I tried to import these profiles manually by browsing but the problem is, while browing its not showing me complete path.For e.g. it should read from path
Hostname\SAPLOC\sid\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS02_hostname but from this path its not able to read the last character

Upon some analysis, I noticed that the relevant table / structure in this scenario "PFFILEHTBL" has a component "FILENAME" whose Length is only 60. Where as the characters involved in the entire path

including the profile name is 61

I can download the key for this object and with the help of our ABAPer, I can edit the 'lenght" feild but is there any work around before editing any standard object? Is there any note which I can apply to fix this problem? Please advice

Request you all gurus to kindly advice ASAP as I am facing this problem on our ECC PRD Server and all the activities are held up.

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I tried renaming my profiles to some short name but still I am not able to browse the newly names profiles....its still taking the old profile names

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please elaborate a bit more on what exactly you did try ?

Don't let me guess that much!

What are old and new file name?

What do you see when browsing?

Are you talking about profile names or file names?

Profile names should not matter in this regard; you may still use the old ones.

What does matter are file names; There are two places:

1) The file name for storing the profile.

2) The file name from where to import the profile.

And are you sure you changed file names in the right place? Right host, right directory?

hope this helps a bit ...

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are shortening the names, you have to edit at least the start-profile and enter the new name of the (instance profile)...

be sure, that all profiles are in one directory. accessible from all your servers.

regards, martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Joe,

Thanks for your inputs and time but I have already tried that and still its not accecpting that

Please advice

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by its not accecpting that ?

What excatly did you try ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

One obvious workaround:

Rename the file, give it a shorter name.