cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed related to career in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

1)Please tell me what exact ABAP is used i mean topic wise like ALV,BADI,EXITS,ALE-IDOC,SMART FORM etc is used

in higher end modules like SCM so that i can plan of becoming

tech-func in scm side.

2)Also to what extent is SCM is functional as i heard these higher end modules are more technical than functional.

3) Which one to choose between SCM/SRM/CRM.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Below are my comments for your queries:

1. ABAP is as important for new dimensional SAP mosules as it is for basic R/3 modules. Apart from ABAP, a technical consultant should be comfortable working on ITS and BSP for current versions and webdynpro for upcomming versions. Knowledge of workflows and middleware components would be an added advantage.

2. I dont agree with your second statement. I will re-phrase it as "New dimensional components involves more technical work (knowledge of system integration technologies) as compared to SAP's basic modules. The reason is these components involes web based user interface and are dependent on other SAP modules.

3. Choosing a domain is upto your comfort. All these are totally different areas. For SCM, yo need to be comfortable with manufacturing business process, for CRM, you need to comfortable with SD business processes and for SRM, you need to be comfortable with MM business processes.

The most tricky part for a functional consultant is Business Blue Print phase, where the functional consultant has to understand the business and propose the solution. Some times the requirements can be mapped to SAP (either using standard or thru custom developments), but sAT times we need to play process consultants role and suggest change management, which needs thorough understanding onclient buisiness.

Sometimes people misunderstand functional consulting as system configuration. Its not so.

I will suggest you to take a decision depending on your of expertese.

I hope this answers to your queries.

Regards,

Prashant