cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commit control in the xMII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am new to the xMII, could anybody please tell me how to update several tables in single transaction. Say I want to update table a and b from same DB, commit should only happen when both a and b are updated correctly, can this be done in iCommand or there is other method?

Thanks a lot,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I would programme it in a Stored Procedure and make the logic in here (in MSSQL make a transaction). And call it from a fixed query, which can be called from a iCommand.

Or you can probably do it in a business logic transaction, but would prefer the above solution.

BR

Poul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot do multiple SQL statement commits/rollbacks using BLS unless it is within a single SQL statement or invoking a stored procedure. You can do commit/rollback only for JCO/JRA calls, and then, only when the underlying RFC (more typically, a BAPI method) supports it.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tony,

I would agree with David.. This could be handled at the database level by writing exceptions in a stored procedures. It is easy to implement a "all or nothing" model at the database level than writing the whole logic within xMII business logic transaction. The stored procedure has to return the status back for xMII to evaluate it and then move onto the next step.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, tony

in my point of view, i think, u can just let the db to handle this, sql server or oracle.

and u can just check the data for updating.

coz the db is designed to handle the commit. it should follow the consistency principle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Based on your tables you write command query for update.Suppose you want to update 3 tables. So you write 3 command queries for update.In your transaction you call these 3 command queries.

It will update the 3 tables.

Thanks,

Manisha