Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle count in WM :CC Inventory not prepared in IM error

former_member705818
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to generate Inventory records using LX26 for the first time after our go-live. We have maintained CC Indicators in Material masters. When I try LX26 , the system gives an error saying "CC Inventory not prepared in IM" . not sure if I have to run MIBC before LX26 ( we use fixed CC indicators) Can someone please let me know if something else need tobe done in IM before trying to generate Inv. records in LX26? I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks

Chris T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Try running transaction MIBC. If you want materials to always have a specific cycle counting indicator then assign on the material master and set the CC fixed checkbox to avoid SAP trying to change the values.

Regards,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have u done all the settings in IMG for Physical inventory

In IMG "Inventory by storage type" we need check the cycle counting check box and hope u have done all the settings in material master, storage view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

All the IMG settings are done, LX26 is working fine for other warehouses, we are getting this error for only one warehouse.

Please help in sorting this issue.

Thanks,

Anil

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check customizing in tcode OMNK for this warehouse - Compare with diffrent one in which is working well.

Regards

Lukasz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

we are also facing the same issue, could you pls tell us what steps you performed to overcome this error.

we are getting this error for few warehouse only and in others LX26 is working fine.

Thanks for replying

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think that you have had your question answered so if you are happy with this can you please award points if you want to but mainly can you please mark your question as answered so that it is easier to navigate around the open questions in the forum as the number of pages are growing and growing and it takes too long to go through everything expecially if a satisfactory answer has already been given and people like me who want to help will give up and so some people may not get any help.

Thanks for this

Frenchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This message means that there are settings missing in both the IMG and the material master.

In the IMG in Materials Management - Inventory management - physical inventory - cycle counting. Create an entry maybe by copying the SAP standard.

Once you have done this remember which letter you have used for your entry (probably A) and then this letter needs to be added to EVERY material you may want to count. It is easier to add it to all materials has it will not matter if you do not use it. This entry goes in the Plant data storage 1 view of the material master in the CC phys inv ind (ABCIND) field and then it will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Usually physical inventory for WM will be carried out using the transaction code "LX16" this is for continuous inventory. Why are you opting for "LX26"?

Regards,

former_member705818
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are planning to use cycle counting, not continuous inventory.

Thanks

Chris T