cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start Adapter Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to start Adapter Engine after executing transaction SXMB_IFR which in turns open the link for accessing adapter engine.

We are able to access

1. Integration Repository

2. Integration Directory

3. SLD

4. Runtime environment.

But we are unable to access Adapter engine? For all the above we are getting it in separate windows with the link starting like

http://hostname:port/sld like that...

But in the case of Adapter engine, we are getting it as

http://hostname:8200/

Please can anyone send us the path for the same.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

run_adapter.xxx file is located under tech_adapter folder under \usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global\tech_adapter folder. You can run it as server please refer page 7/8 in adapter documentation folder[\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global\tech_adapter\Administration\Documentation] or scheduled task(for NT).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rajan Kidambi

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAM

I have the same issue as you have. When i click on Adapter Engine (RFC Adapter) it opens another page ( http://hostname:8200) with page not found message. Can you please share how you resolved this issue.

Thank You

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

Check if the Adapter Engine has been started. There is a batch (command in unix) file run_adapter.bat (run_adapter.cmd) that should be executed to start the AE. Your system administrator (or installer) should be able to help locate the file.

Hope this helps.

Homiar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Homiar

thanks for the tip. I able to start adapter engine after coping servlet.jsp file to tech_adapter folder. I am able to start adapter engine.

Thanks & regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you install XI via SAPInst XI you need to select XI connectivity please select adapter runtime instead of java proxy. This is when tech_adapter would be created, i believe, i really didnt check but i followed the steps...

XI Connectivity should be after Integration Server, Integration Builder, SLD...

Thanks,

Rajan Kidambi.

Message was edited by: Rajan Kedambi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

As explained above there where three options in inst

1. SAP XI Framework

2. Adapter engine

3. J2SE framework.

We just went for the first one.

I wanted to know, did u install the Adapter engine explicitly or did it get installed for you when u installed XI. when i search for different adapters in the \usr\sap path, I can see files for different adapters. but am unable locate tech_adapter folder!!

Please can you tell me the procee uyou followed.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

We installed adapter engine explicitly.

Thanks,

Rajan Kidambi

Andrzej_Filusz
Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Rajan. I didn't install XI myself. But I asked our administrator and he told me that you should install XI connectivity (there is a such option during installation process).

I'm not sure what you mean by saying that you don't have a tech_adapter folder but you have files for different adapters in the \usr\sap path.

I think that all files should be located under tech_adapter folder. For example, when you define a new instance of adapter then its configration is written into property file in "configuration" subfolder of tech_adapter.

The Adapter Engine is an application that consists of several jar, batch and property files. It can be easly installed on every computer. It's enough to just copy this tech_adapter folder from one computer to another one.

For example, I copied this folder from one machine to my notebook and it works fine.

Andrzej Filusz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Thanks a ton for all your replies.

Just one more query, did u install the adapter engine on pure Java environment or JAVA + ABAP environment.

We have a XI installed on JAVA + ABAP environment.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have it on central instance for WAS 6.20 which includes ABAP and J2EE.

Regards,

Rajan Kidambi

Andrzej_Filusz
Contributor
0 Kudos

We have the same (SAP Web AS 6.20: J2EE + ABAP).

Andrzej Filusz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

just another question. Is it really necessary to install the Adapter Engine?

For which processes do we need the Adapter Engine?

Kind regards,

Barbara

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to run the adapter first. Please refer to page 7 in adapter.pdf document. This can be found in tech_adapter\Administration\Documentation.

Windows - run_adapter.bat

Unix - run_adapter.cmd

Regards,

Rajan Kidambi

Andrzej_Filusz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!!!

I'm not sure what you mean by saying that you are unable to access Adapter Engine. Your path: http://hostname:8200

looks fine for me.

Can you log in or not?

Default user:

login: sap

password: init

Have a nice day,

Andrzej Filusz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

When we click on Adapter Engine( RFC Adapter), a new browser window opens but says 'The page cannot be displayed'. It does not prompt for user id!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We have the same problem here.

My advice to you will be, to first verify that the adapter engine is really installed on the integration system.

Regards,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Yes we actually wanted to know that too!!!

When we install SAP XI, there are three options available.

1. SAP XI Framework

2. Adapter engine

3. J2SE framework.

Do we need to install Adapter engine explicitly or it gets installed by default.

When we are searching through the directory /usr/sap we can see folders of various adapters. That is how we assumed that all the adapters are there.

Is there a way we can find the adapters installed??

Andrzej_Filusz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again!

Here a path to the Adapter Engine:

<C: OR YOUR_DRIVE_LETTER>\usr\sap\<YOUR_SYSTEM_ID>\SYS\global\tech_adapter\

There are batch files to run it (run_adapter.bat)

and install as a Windows service (install_service.bat).

It's a good idea to install it as a service (if you

work with a Windows platform).

The default name of this service is SAPAdapterEngine.

Please check if you have a such service.

If not then install it by yourself and start it.

Then try to login at http://<host>:8200 again.

Regards,

Andrzej Filusz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrez,

I cannot find the folder tech_adapter in the path specified.

Please can u confirm that we need to install the Adapter engine explicitly as I cannot find the folder specified by you in the path.

Thank You so much for all the help.

Regards