cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement Support pack Stack 10 to Stack-15 for Solution Manager 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

Recently i have installed Solution Manager 7.0 SR2 SP10.

I have upgraded the kernel to patch level 133.

I want to implement Support pack stack-10 to Stack-15. already i have downladed the Stack-15 files.

But the stack-15 contains Kernel files also(.SAR) and .CAR and .SCA files

.SAR - Kernel files

.SCA - Kava files

.CAR - ABAP support pack files

In which sequence, these files should be queued in SPAM and implemented

Its bit urgent.

Please let me know how to proceed

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Prat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to implement Support Packages/ADDONs/PLUGINs

Attention: Customer has to define within the ticket all stack dependencies corresponding the implementation of the requested Support Packages/ADDONs/PLUGINs.

Support Packages (requested by CSN):

Customer requests SP Installation via CSN (DEV-PSS, DEV-PSS-INT)

IT PSS DEV will move suitable tickets to corresponding TCS components

Check, if the requestor is equal to the system owner (regarding to R3SYS system owner or SISM: overall person in charge (could also be a SAPNet distribution list)).

True: go ahead

False: Get approval of system owner or somebody of the distribution list within the corresponding CSN ticket by setting the ticket to u201CAuthor actionu201D (the author have to take care getting the approval of system owner).

Check, if a timeframe for import is mentioned by the system owner or author within the ticket. If not, set ticket to u201CAuthor actionu201D asking for a timeframe.

Logon to the system (client 000 and user tcsdev) and call transaction spam and check SP level and SPAM/SAINT version. (information is needed for download of the necessary SPu2019s). For requested NW Stack updates, please check SAP Service Marketplace (http://service.sap.com/instguidesNW04 -> Operations -> Cross-NW or http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks -> SP Stack Information/SP Stack Download) for updated versions of the Support Package Stack Guide.

Check, if all necessary packages are available. If the package is not already released due to the schedule (http://intranet.sap.com/ocs-schedule), insert the link to SAPNet and set ticket back to author action, so that he can reopen the ticket, when the package is released and available.

Check if RFC Destination is configured properly (sm59 à Destination should be CSS à servprod.wdf.sap.corp should be the server) e.g. in a system with release 700 sm59 has following style (please also have a look into CSS note 182308 for logon data):

Goto: Environment -> EPS, copy client address and uncheck u201CTransmission Monitoru201D

Goto CSN à Transaction SSDA à Enter Package Name(s) or browse package list for identifying support packages if package name is unknown.

Mark the necessary Packages and download the Packages

Importing the latest Transaction SPAM/SAINT update.

Make sure you have imported the latest SPAM/SAINT Version in your system. If there is a newer version in CSN, import the latest (no approval from the system owner is needed): Goto CSN à Transaction SSDA à Browse u2018package listu2019 for identifying necessary spam version. Input values for selection screen:

Software Component: SAP_OCS

Run the selection and you will find a view of all available releases and respective latest spam versions.

Update the executables R3trans and tp if it is requested within the ticket. See note 19466 how to update R3trans and tp.

Display/Define Package queue.

Attention: To avoid known problems read the corresponding note (e.g. some sp combinations shouldnu2019t be imported in one queue u2026), see below for releases up to 6.40 or the note in the popup after starting the import.

Note 672651 OCS: Known problems with Supp. Pack. Basis 6.40

If there are any open repair/workbench requests reported by SPAM/SAINT during test import phase or SPDD action required, contact system owner/author to release these open requests/repairs or execution of SPDD.

Once the import was successful, please confirm queue. If there SPDD/SPAU action required, set ticket back to u201CAuthor actionu201D with the note, that SPDD/SPAU have to be executed.

Troubleshooting:

Check CSS for notes and internal messages

spau: contact system owner/author for running/solving spau

os/db Problems

unknown problems during import/runtime of SPu2019s à open CSN ticket under SAPService à Internal Messages in component BC-UPG-OCS-SPA with priority very high for Prio1 systems (regarding to SISM) and high for all other systems

Support Packages (requested by MARKETPLACE)

Installing the Download Manager for downloading the necessary support packages: à Installation and using instruction documentation

Download packages from marketplace to you local workstation/pc

Logon to the target system and run spam. Under menu Support packages à Load packages à From Frontend you can select the respective support package and upload the package.

Importing the latest Transaction SPAM/SAINT update.

Make sure you have imported the latest SPAM/SAINT Version in your

system. If there is a newer version on the SAP Service Marketplace,

import the latest (no approval from the system owner is needed).

Continue for SP import with step 11 and following steps above

How to implement ADDONs/PLUGINs

Customer requests ADDON/PLUGIN Installation via CSN (DEV-PSS, DEV-PSS-INT)

Get approval of system owner (check R3SYS system owner or SISM: overall person in charge) within the corresponding CSN ticket; timeframe for import should be mentioned by the system owner within the ticket.

Importing the latest Transaction SPAM/SAINT update

Make sure you have imported the latest Transaction SPAM/SAINT update in your system. If there is a newer version on the SAP Service Marketplace, import the new Transaction SPAM/SAINT update (see also chapter u2018How to implement Support Packagesu2019 for applying SPAM).

Logon to the system (client 000 and user tcsdev) and go to transaction saint

For using please call the online help:

For every ADDON/PLUGIN there is

a CSN note available which describes

how to proceed. Reading/Following

this note is mandatory.

Troubleshooting:

a. Check CSS for notes and internal messages

b. In case of any other problems please contact note owner, providing him detailed information about errors and ask for help.

How to check/delete OCS package

in the SPAM/SAINT Inbox

Login to the system and call transaction spam

Go to Environment à Electronic Parcel Service

Go to Goto à Inbox and search for the OCS package you looking for

To delete this package, mark it in the first column and click u201CDeleteu201D

If the package marked as deleted, it will not be touched from the SPAM

How to check/deactivate creation of data file

in the SPAM/SAINT

Login to the system and call transaction spam

Go to Extras à Settings

Uncheck u201CCreate new data fileu201D

Activate u201CNever execute ABAP/Screen Generation

Reagrds,

Srini Nookala

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1. First upgrade the kernel.

2. Secondly, do the SPAM/SAINT update

3. finally, you can apply the support packs from 10 to 15 level.

Regards,

Srini Nookala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Thanks for the info

Already i have applied to latest kernel patch and Updated SPAM to latest level.

Now my solution manager 7.0 SR2 SP10 and want to upadate to SP15.

Please let me know how to update to support pack Stack-15, i need step by step.

i dont know anything about SP update and i am vert new to solman

Best Regards,

Prat