cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRD system copy to standby system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have both PRD and SBX (standby) server with same patch levels and customizations.

PRD DB is around 100GB, what's the right way to replicate PRD to SBX so I can be sure that if PRD fails today and last sync or backup was done succesfully I can start SBX and have at least yesterday data ok.

BTW: I already tried mandant copy but it takes too long, does not complete at night (8 hours).

Any idea or suggestion is welcome. thanks .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would go for client export from prd and import into sand box,u can plan this every weekend or prepferably every month.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

I'm new to SAP, does this way can be automated so I work on it to let it run every night, might be?, if so where can I find more info about it.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Josue,

If what you want is a database backup everyday, then you must design your data warehousing strategy. Try searching for the best practice of data warehousing on your specific database.

Usually every month or every quarter of a year, we make a copy of data from prod to qas through client copy. you could select a [copy profile|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/99/0a2a887e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/content.htm] depending on what components you want to be copied. But this is just so prod and qas has the same data for testing. We don't use this as our emergency data backups. As I have said, if that's what you want then plan your data warehousing.

But still wait for other's opinion.

Regards,

Richard

Answers (0)