cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interim storage area taken in sales orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

The sales orders of my client is taking materials in 9** interim storage area, for example, when material is in 902 (GR area). Is there any possibility to restrict the sales order to take materials in count from this areas? Should take only from physical areas.

The release is SAP ECC 6.0

Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In transaction OMM8 choose exception for indiv st ty and mark the one you want to exclude for finding material.

Regards,

Frank Jonker

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

define all your interim storage types in a different storage location, further define your physical storage types from where the stock is to be considerd in a seperate stor loc and make this storage location as standard storage location.

controls are at WMInterfacesDefine stor loc control.

thanks

nagi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I think we are losing the thread here.

Whilst the majority of our answers are correct I think I now 'get' the issue.

When creating the Sales order and carrying out your 'check' the system is saying that there is stock available.

THIS IS TRUE the stock IS available. Your check is carried out in IM and does not see 902 or 922 or 001 or ant st type.

In IM the stock is either here or it is not.

Your choices are as follows

'Block' the stock on receipt so that it is not included.

Use inbound deliveries and put away in WM FIRST and then Post goods receipt in to IM or the simple answer is

Put the stock away in a timely manner and there is no issue but just to reiterate the stock IS available the system is not wrong and even if you set up the individual st types as suggested this just means that it will not pick from there but will not fix the issue.

I hope that this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, Frenchy:

I will suggest the alternative...

To use inbound deliveries and put away in WM FIRST and then Post goods receipt in to IM

This is the process that better is reconciled to its needs

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also use the storage location control where you can receive stuff in sloc 1 in 902. After either putaway or GR, a posting change is made to sloc2. Order should be on sloc2.

Regards,

MdZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

In standard, storage type and Storage area determination is performed during transfer order creation. And Transfer Order are usually created from TR or Delivery. In this case, I'm not sure how you are having the WM process in Sales Order ??

Would appreciate that you elaborate further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter:

TO is not created yet, the problem is in stock determination at sales order creation, the system is determining stock but in WM level, the material sometimes is still in 902 GR area (i.e.) and is not putaway. My client doesn´t want this happen again, since the materials are not ready to be sold. The TO gets created from the delivery, in a later step. Hope this clarifies more.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JJFO,

Availabilty check of SO has nothing to do with warehouse management according to my best knowledge. If your stock is in storage type 902, it means that this stock is present in your SLoc as well.

When availability check runs it checks the availabe stock in relevant SLocs according to the parameters you defined..

(Maybe you could receive your goods into quality inspection stock type and exclude this stock type from availabilty check.)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/93/744bb1546011d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

BR

Csaba