cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of BIW client in ECC 6.0!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having ECC 6.0 SAP system running on Solaris server , DB as oracle 10.2g.

As ECC 6.0 offers us to perform BW activity in the system itself, we have decided to work on BW on a different client in our development server.

Clients in dev server

010 (SandBOX)- C1DCLNT010

200(ABAP development) - C1DCLNT200

220(Testing)- C1DCLNT220

300(Customizing)- C1DCLNT300

350(Newly created BW client)- C1DCLNT350

Now after creating 350 client we have changed the BW client to 350 from running the program RSADMINA.

Now when we have tried to Execute RSA1 in 350 , it is getting calcelled and says

"Current logical system of the client is C1DCLNT350, although the client has been originally created the logical system name as C1DCLNT010 which is the logical system name of client 010."

In this regard I must tell you that before creating client 350 we executed RSA1 in client 010.May be because of that system takes 010 as BIW client.

Probable solution:

01)Now can we change the logical system name of 350 to C1DCLNT010? or

02)Can we Run T-Code BDLS and change the logical system name to a new one from C1DCLNT010 and assign the newly created logical system name to 350?

Note:

I have done this simulation test in our IDES system and it worked for me but the problem is in IDES system there is no connection with other system, not even STMS is configured.

But here in our development system STMS is configured, though transportation is being carried out from client 200(ABAP) and 300(CUST).

Now my concern is changing logical system name for client 010 will impact other client/transportation etc

03) or we have to use 010 as BIW cient which I do not want to use, as already some R/3 development(Non-critical) has been done in client 010.

Please suggest

Regards,

Souren Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

you can change the BW client by using the

Functional module for rsa1 login into the particular client:-

RS_MANDT_UNIQUE_SET and set the i_mandt value to the client no.

01)Now can we change the logical system name of 350 to C1DCLNT010? ---> No,dont change.Create a new logical system name C1DCLT010 and use BDLS to copy the logical system.

02)Can we Run T-Code BDLS and change the logical system name to a new one from C1DCLNT010 and assign the newly created logical system name to 350?--->Yes, after copying assign the new logical system name C1DCLT010 to 350. As 350 is the newly created client.

Thanks and Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot work in several clients in the BW system or in a system that uses BW as a basis.

In BW, master data IDs and dimension IDs are taken from number ranges. The BW objects are cross-client, but the number range intervals are client-specific. As the IDs must be unique, they must be determined in only one client. This means that BW can operate in only one client.

if you want to change client in BW then check following sap note.

Note 325525 - Copying and renaming systems in a BW environment

Note 886102 - System Landscape Copy for SAP BW and NW BI

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Souren,

I have not seen a BW instance with multiple clients, usually there is only one client that is managed unlike an R/3 instance where you can have multiple clients running on the same instance.

Move this thread in BI forum and a BW consultant out there can advice.

Cheers,

Nisch