cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while connecting to external ABAP system (on 4.6C rel)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've created WebDynpro application that is supposed to fetch info about users from several ABAP systems. J2EE engine that runs this WebDynpro is directly connected to one of the ABAP systems. I've successfully created identical Adaptive RFC models, maintained SLD entries for my ABAP systems and configured JCO connections for my WebDynpro through WebDynpro Content Manager (http://<host>:port/webdynpro/welcome). I was able to reach all ABAP systems testing my JCO connections from WebDynpro Content Manager.

The problem I am experiencing is the following:

the application is working fine for the ABAP system that J2EE (where it's executed) is connected to, but failed to reach the remote ABAP system issuing the following message:

"Accessing System <Remote ABAP system> is not possible because RFC Metadata was retrieved using System <ABAP system that J2EE is connected>. Please assure you have configured the RFC Connections properly. A Server restart may be necessary!"

Where else should I have define JCO settings ?

This remote ABAP system is running on 4.6C so I have no options to install J2EE on it or fully configure SLD for that system.

It may seem like a dummy question since I am new to WebDynpro programming.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You created the sysetm in the SLD, right? Well, you need to setup your jCo connection to point to that system, not the system in which your j2ee engine resides. It seems that you have the jCo connection pointed to the wrong system.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

Thank you for a quick reply,

Here is what I've done to connect to the remote ABAP system:

1. Configured this remote system in the SLD as a Technical System (SLD=> Technical Landscape).

2. Opened WebDynpro Content Administrator and created two JCO's for my application pointed to that remote ABAP system (defined in SLD). I was able to test them successfully reaching that remote system.

But when I run my application the same error occured.

What did I miss ?

Thanks & Regards,

Mike

Message was edited by: Mykhaylo Puzankev

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Please make sure that BOTH jCo connections are pointed to the same system. Also, you may have to reimport your model from the remote system instead of the local system.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

I've solved it by using direct JCO connection to access the remote system. Adaptive RFC model doesn't seem to be working properly with 4.6C ABAP remotely as I was not the only one who got the same issues according to the other SDN topics.

Regards,

Mike