cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Default Values..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to change Default Values through UI?

We are trying to change the default attachment visibility but have had no success finding a way to do it. We're fairly new to SAP here and were wondering how this can be done.

To further explain what we are trying to accomplish, this is the scenarion.

When we add an attachment, in the RFP, the default visibility is Buyer Side Only. We are trying to change it so that by default in the drop down list it selects Buyer-Seller side.

How do we go about accomplishing this?

many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

Your scenario sounds fairly stratight forward

However, unable to understand the simulation

Can you please put what you are trying to simulate in step1, 2 and so on.

Also let us know the end result that you are trying to achieve

Cheers

Tridip

Former Member
0 Kudos

I apologize for the confusion.

The end result that we hope to achieve is that when a user adds an attachment in the RFP, after hes attached it, hes taken to a screen..

the screen has an RFX Attachments field, A FIle Name, Description, Date Added, Etc etc....

In the RFx Attachments section, there is a drop down, the drop down allows you to select the visibility of the attachment. Whether it is Buyside Only or Buyside and Sell Side. By default, it selects Buyside. We simply want to make it so that by default it is Buyside and Sell Side instead of Buyside.

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

Thanks for simulating the scenario

I was able to get what you are trying to do.

I checked the same in the configuration also and didnt find the UI support to the same, for us by default it shows buyside

Incase you have access to the database, can you check for the table visibility, looks like the table is set and there is no change possible from the UI to maintain this even under set-up

I tried all possible ways to check from where this field is populated, i didnt find it

Incase you are able to find the table that is responsible for this do let me know

Cheers

tridip