Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Securing ability to Invalidate HTTP Cache in SMICM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a security administrator at my company and I have a request to provide certain developers with the ability to invalidate the HTTP Server cache in our BI development system. Since I am also a Basis administrator I can do this through transaction SMICM, but I do not want to provide them with that tcode. I tried an Authorization trace to see what is checked when invalidating the cache, but the trace came up empty so I assume that the system figures if I got that far there was nothing else to check. I'm interested in knowing if there is a function module that is called when the action is clicked that I might be able to secure and allow the developers to use that method of addressing their need. If anyone has any ideas on this, I would appreciate your response.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out the pdf it may help you.

Web functionality for BW [click here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/994a06ed-0c01-0010-878b-e796a9060209]

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

the package SICM provides some function modules for invalidating the cache:

ICM_CACHE_INVALIDATE_ALL

ICM_CACHE_INVALIDATE_ENTRIES

ICM_CACHE_INVALIDATE_ENTRIES

Greetings,

CW