Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BATCH JOB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1) Say for eg: I am scheduling a batch job with my own ID in sa/se38.What will happen if I logout of the system? do the batch still run?

2) How can I fix the authorization for failed job? system trace (st01) will trace for the system users?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Batch job runs even after the user logs off.

For authorization failure object S_BTCH_ADM and S_BTCH_NAM are used and use tcodes SM36 to schedule and SM37 to check status of the jobs.

I guess you can trace the system users too.

Hey make sure that the batch admin gets the rights for S_BTCH_ADM and S_BTCH_NAM as this is a critical authorization

Rakesh

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1) Say for eg: I am scheduling a batch job with my own ID in sa/se38.What will happen if I logout of the system? do the batch still run?

Yep, you're fine. The problems start when you delete the user account after scheduling the job but before it runs.

0 Kudos

The problems can also start when you (admin) lock the user account, or depending on how the program works... even the scheduler needs to be "around" still.

One approach taken, is to setup all the jobs using the "to-be" SYSTEM user as a SERVICE user (logging on with it), and once you are done, then change the user type to SYSTEM and throw the password away (e.g reset it in the wizard, and secure the S_USER_GRP user groups which the SYSTEM users are assigned to and use a naming convention for them to secure S_BTCH_NAM).

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can schedule batch job with your own user id .BAtch job can be schedule in 2 ways.Immediatea and scheduling

job at certain time and date whether it is daily ;Monthly..........

by transaction code sm36.

You can view the status of job in sm37 t.code.whether job isin finished or cancelled status.If job is in cancelled status by click on job log you can view with user id.

Regards,

Parimala