cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem due to split week.

former_member503200
Participant
0 Kudos

We enter Promotional adjustment in weekly view (generally in the last week of the month); if it happens to be a split week, the values will split between 2 months. We run a macro, in monthly view. This macro checks the value in Promotion Adj, and just populates promotion Adj to Final Fcst and wont consider any other value. Even though we donu2019t have any promotion in adjacent month, due to split week, the Promotion adj got populated in the adjacent month and the macro is not considering any other values (if there is no promo adj, it need to consider stat Fcst). Without using fiscal variant is it possible to resolve this issue. Is it possible to check the 1st of month is starting on Monday or not. we are in SCM5.0.

thx

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member503200
Participant
0 Kudos

We resolved this issue, using storage bucket profile.

thx

Jeff

former_member503200
Participant
0 Kudos

Harish,

I forgotten to mention, both the KF are getting disagg based on Prop Factors, so i cannot change disagg logic based on another KF. But, u gave a very valuable suggestion. I need to think it something else.

thx

Jeff

former_member503200
Participant
0 Kudos

Harish,

Thx for sharing your valuable thoughts. I will work on it and will update the status.

thx

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

try this

set your time disaggregation on the prom adj KF to another KF X (in 5.0 you can add a Kf without disrupting the Planning area)

in a special planning book use this KF to prepopulate the values. To get the value 0 in the overlapping week in the second month you need to be in the view with 9Astorage as the planningbucket profile.Again in 5.0 this is an option that comes straightaway

once you have the planning book in 9Astorage, populate all weeks but the last week of each month with 0 and use any value for the last week in the initial month (make sure the disaggregation of this KFis same as your Prom Kf disaggregation). This can be done at the same time for the whole year or whatever period your PA initialization is

now go back to the prom Kf and enter values. hopefully this will floow the pattern of KF x and give nothing for the week u dont want to

lets know if this works....