cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivering Plant - Search strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone advise if this delivering plant search strategy is exclusive i.e. it will stop upon first hit?

Customer material info -> Ship to -> Material

Thanks

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I donot understand the reason for this requirement. Please explain the reason behind this requirement.

Since CMIR is the highest level of master data (from SD point of view) system always looks at that and you want to stop the search there itself. Then system should not check CMR and MMR . If you want to use your own rules for the delivering plant, there is a user exit for delivering plant in sales orders. Please go through the documentation is IMG against the userexits for sales order and there you can find this.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is interesting. If i hv 2 delivering plants for a particular sales org/DC/material combination, then i can only specify one possible delivering plant only? Assuming i can deliver from either plant.

Thanks

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Whichever plant you have maintined in CMIR system will default the same in the order, but you can very well change the same in the order manually.

Prase

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Peter

While creating sale order, for determining delivering plant, system will check in the following sequence

- Customer Material Info Record (T.Code VD53), if not

- in Customer Master (T.COde XD03), if not finally

- in Material Master (T.Code MM03)

If you dont want the above options but sale order to determine an alternate option, you have to apply User-Exits in program MV45AFZB - USEREXIT_CUST_MATERIAL_READ

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Search strategy of Plant is as follws:

1) CMIR

2) Customer Master

3) Material Master.

When ever it finds a valid plant it stop searching further and pull the value into the order.

Prase