Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOS and Content Repository

former_member214498
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We need to store the Attachements from GOS on a Mounted shared drive in NTFS and not on a HTTP Content Server.

any ideas on that. The goal is to relieve SAP Application server from storage.

Regards

Waz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only way to get around that would be a combination of both, i.e. an HTTP content server using a file systen storage method.

The danger you have with these types of file systems with a more open access is proving integrity of the system to auditors. By normal methods, the audit trail is controlled in SAP. if these documents are changable in the background without SAP knowing about it, how can you prove that the documents are the same ones inserted originally? The auditibility can effectively make or break your system and force you to maintain your hardcopy storage structure as well, and if you lose hard copies, your soft copy won't stand up in court. It also opens you to legal action if something like an MSDS is changed and this causes an incident on a plant because the proper controls weren't in place to prevent incorrect changes.

former_member214498
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Athol

Thanx for adding another dimension to this issue.

Actually What my team intend to do is Mount a Shared Drive on SAP Application Server and assign the directory path to it. So that when Attachments are saved, they are saved in a shared drive which is mounted on SAP App server. Since we have not yet executed this solution but I will definitely test it from Authorizations perspective.

Any suggestion for the above model.

Regards

Waz

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only way would be using an SAP Content Server software for this and using the file system storage method. The SAP Content Server is fairly low level software so the software can be installed on a minimum spec server and the storage itself can reside on any NAS/SAN location. You should have the installation CD's with your basis guys but if they don't have them, they can request them from SAP. There should be no additional licensing implications for the SAP content server.

You could test the solution on a basic PC with Windows 2003 Server so you don't go through the investment without a proof of concept first but I can tell you the solution does work (we have a large number of customers running SAP Content Servers for ArchiveLink with and without using the file system storage)

Once configured, you can store using the GOS - "Store Business Document" option but these scenarios would need to be configured per business area using ArchiveLink. Its a relatively simple and painless process for the ArchiveLink config but you may need to source someone who has skills in this area to kick you off. Make sure you don't use the Create Attachment option. This stores in the SAP database in a table called SOFTCONT1 and this is not considered a secure storage area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is one more alternative . U can use the DMS content server to store these documents.

Install the content server on any other server or other storage area.

Crate a content Repository on this Content server--> OAC0

Assign this content repository to the Storage Category SOFFHTTP--> OACT

Assign SOFFHTTP to the Document Class SOFFPHIO -->SKPR08

former_member214498
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanx for ur response. I was able to create the first two steps. however in third step SKPR08, its not letting me add new values which you mentioned in the post. What should be done to rectify this.

Once again thanx for the response.

Regards

Waz

former_member214498
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi A6h1

thanx for ur elaborate response. However I am unable to execute the third step. I am unable to Assign SOFFHTTP to the Document Class SOFFPHIO -->SKPR08.

as there is no document class like SOFFPHIO in this transaction. However I noticed that you had the same issue in one of ur posted questions in this forum. How did you find that.

Please share.

Regards

Waz

Former Member
0 Kudos

See OSS-note 668271 and 386971.

Basically you have to change the field "CAT MAINT" in the table SDOKPHCL to 'X'

for the entry PH CLASS = SOFFPHIO with Transaction SE16.

Then you should be able, to change it with SKPR08.

Regards

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Go to SE16 and enter the table name as SDOKPHCL.

In the field for document class enter SOFFPHIO, and execute.

For this entry change the value of the cell maintenance of category to "X".

this would solve your problem.

Regards

abhi