cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA Setup for Production E-Recruiting System to Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me with an issue I am having setting up EWA on our production E-Recruiting system(PRC). I have worked through some of the setup guides offered by SAP but cannot seem to verify every step I did worked 100%. Here is what I have so far.

In T-Code SMSY under Landscape Components -> Systems PRC shows up and the RFC's are all listed and working. Under Logical Components -> E-Recruiting the system shows up and the production system is listed correctly. In Tcode SM59 I have created a "Back" destination called SM_PRCCLNT_BACK which i verified works correctly in SM59. The problem I am having is when trying to setup the system in SDCCN on Solution Manager(SOL) I receive a message the BACK destination cannot be found. Also when I go to SDCCN on the PRC system and then Goto -> Settings -> Task-Specific and try to add the SM_PRCCLNT_BACK RFC it prompts me to login which I have done with my login and the login of the user we want to use and both return "RFC test result: SM_PRCCLNT_BACK not functional. Ping failed to SM_PRCCLNT_BACK password logon no longer possible - too many failed attempts." I have checked this user in the system and it isn't locked and I have verified the password. I can even logon through the SAPGUI with the user. Lastly in the TCode Solution_Manager in SOL if I go to Operations Setup -> Solution Monitoring -> Setup EarlyWatch Alert, there are check marks in Active, Send to SAP and In EWA f.s for EarlyWatch Alert.

I appreciate any help or suggestions on how to resolve this issue. If you require further information please let me know. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

are you sure that you're using the right connection? Usually the RFC connection from the satellite to the solution manager is called SM_XXXCLNTYYY_BACK,

where XXX is the SID of the Solution Manager and YYY is the client number in the solution manager. If SOL is the solution manager, then the RFC connection in SDCCN in the satellite would normally be called SM_SOLCLNTYYY_BACK. But in your message you only ever mention SM_PRCCLNT_BACK.

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Thank you for your reply. I actually found an article that helped me with part of this issue. Apparently since we use different version of SAP there are some versions that change the password for a user to all capital letters. As soon as I changed the password on the RFC to capital letters it worked fine. The only problem I seem to be having now is how to create the job EarlyWatch Alert that would show up under SDCCN in the satellite system and send that information to SAP. Do you know of any documentation that steps through setting up EWA for production systems. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

the EWA sessions should be created automatically in the Solution Manager as soon as the satellite system is added to a solution landscape. Once the Solution Manager is creating EWA sessions for the satelllite, SDCCN in the satellite should be able to pick them up using a refresh sessions task where the RFC connection to the Solution Manager has been definded.

Have you checked in the Solution Manager to see if it is creating EWA sessions for the satelllite?

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent everything is working great now. The only thing I have left is to set up the RFC to send the info to SAP. I think I can figure this one out. Thank you for all your help.

Answers (0)