cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Acceptance Testing in SOLMAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am new to Solman , can someone expalin me whether User Acceptance Testing in SOLMAN is possible. If Yes then how to create Test Data and record test result.Points will be awarded....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nayab,

The standard Testing functionality of SolMan can be used to conduct Unit/ Integration / UAT. There is nothing specific for UAT alone.

Basically, you would create a Test Plan or more, in STWB_2, segment the Plan(s) into Test Packages, allocate it to those users who are supposed to test as per the Test Script, allow them to raise defect messages, resolve those messages from CRM_DNO_MONITOR and eventually close Tests and generate Test Reports, if you want to.

The aspect of creating defect messages and resolving those from CRM_.... requires a few additional steps as prerequisites. Setting up of IBase, Creating Business Partner (BP) Numbers of all Users, aligning User IDs with BP numbers in transaction PPOMA_CRM etc.

If you have the time now to upgrade SolMan, I would also recommend you to get Enterprise Edition add on (ST-ETP). It allows for 'sequencing' the steps of Tests which would be very useful for UAT. Of course, try this only if you have the time to install, carry out dry runs and are fully satisfied.

Please ask for any specific doubts.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ... very useful answer...points awarded

I have a small question too ... my client is interested in generating UAT Test Scripts and results of UAT sessions with test data from solman...is this possible to generate details of that level...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nayab,

Thanks for your kind acknowledgement with points.

As regards your second query, I am a bit unsure what's the exact requirement.

SolMan cannot 'generate' any Test Script of its own. What it can do is to combine the contents of 'uploaded' Test Notes into a Test Report, along with other statistics - as per the choice you make at the time of Test Report generation.

Basically, the word/excel documents you would upload as UAT scripts would be visible under the respective Test Packages allotted to the Testers. They can then 'copy' the read-only Test Cases as 'editable' Test Notes. Within each Test Note (one per Test Case document) the user can fill in 'values' and outcome etc. and save.

At the end of UAT, you can generate 'Test Report' which can consolidate the values of all such Test Notes and present you with a unified report.

Cheers,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u want to upload the test results along with the test scirpts,, go to the transaction stwb_2 and select ur test plan and go to test pacakges ... there select ur test package and go to status analysis there you will find traffic symbol and click on it.

in that screen u'll find pencil symbol and by clicking on it u'll find options for creating new document or for uploading file of ur test results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"in that screen u'll find pencil symbol and by clicking on it u'll find options for creating new document or for uploading file of ur test results."

In my case this doesn't happen. I will get the screen:

Change Hypertext: Noteyddb..... Language English

What should I do to get it work like you stated in the SAP Solution Manager 4.0?

Regards Pauli