Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many times a Program is called ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Audit purposes ..if I need to know how many times a program was called last month or yesterday ..how is that determined ?

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can get this info via security audit log or ST03N

0 Kudos

Alex,

ST03 N Gives the current state. Gowever from ST03 does the job partially. The issue is ST03 doesnot give the time when it was executed ! and this time is very important. I need to get the time.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi George,

STAD and SM20 gives the result with proper selection of time interval.

Rakesh

0 Kudos

I am able to get the data from ST03 my need is to get the exact time its run. from SM20 I will not get it.STAD the program option is there but the output too is similar to ST03,hence no time as to when or whcih tcd /called the pgm.

Of course one can find out which TCD this PGM is associated with and work backwards.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Do you want to know the exact time at which the program started, or the exact time(s) at which the programs completed, or the total sum runtime of the program over time?

Perhaps if you could explain exactly what you need this information for, then it would be easier to discuss this and possibly help you. To be honest, I struggle to believe that your auditors would know what to do with this information, nor why they would have anything to do with it...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Sceanario:

I have a ' Partol' Id monitoring the systems ...every day the Patrol reports that this program failed - I get a dump and from the dump I get the pgm name.

So, I need to understand MYSELF by going behind by dates to see a pattern or if any pattern for the failure of this program.

This not an Classical Auditors need but I myself need to go back in time and see the time When this PGM failed ( Thi sI can get from ST22) and the time when this PGM was started.

Julius , Hope am clear. I gave the meaning of Auditors a larger or a typical english meanig !!

Thanks

0 Kudos

Okay, so it is for analysis purposes, not (public) auditing...

So you want the exact start times and contexts of a program's "start time", which subsequently also dumped?

PS: Thank you for spelling my name correctly!

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 11, 2008 7:00 PM

0 Kudos

Yes.

From ST03N/ST03 I can determine that the pgm got executed thetime its taken etc...

Now I need to know when this PGM started and subsequently Dumped !

Thanks

0 Kudos

So you want to know how many times a started program dumped, starting at the beginning and ending at the end?

- SM35 => Incorrect processed batch-input sessions?

- SM13 => Terminated update tasks?

- RFVBER00 => List of update terminations?

... that sort of thing?

0 Kudos

>

> Alex,

>

> ST03 N Gives the current state. Gowever from ST03 does the job partially. The issue is ST03 doesnot give the time when it was executed ! and this time is very important. I need to get the time.

>

> Thanks

George,

If you want that info then ask for it, we cannot read minds & giving us accurate info to start with will mean we can target our answers to your needs (like Julius has done) rather than giving wide answers to wide questions.

0 Kudos

Hi George,

I agree with Alex. Your questions are mostly very interesting (far more than the average question) but they seem to develop as they go along...

That is also interesting, but not fair for those who want to contribute to the questions and possibly also learn from them, because it is not possible to precisly answer the question.

Perhaps finding a balance between describing things in "your" words and giving us more some "technical" information to work with would be beneficial to all. Developing the question as it goes along is not on!!

For example in this case, if I am right, the auditors (in the smaller sense of the word) might well want to have this information...

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 12, 2008 8:39 AM

0 Kudos

Juluius /Alex...

You agree or disgree --you understand from your perception , i write from my perception..you are free to reply to it or not ...

Well I dont want to continue further in this discussion either ..you are free to reply or not and as I am free to post ....

If possible, I will make all attempts to stop posting here , hence forth. if by chance I post , please try not to answer either..

thanks

0 Kudos

> Well I dont want to continue further in this discussion either ..you are free to reply or not and as I am free to post ....

Hi George,

The above was meant constructively, and I am sure that Alex and others also find your questions interesting. Personally, I give them some special attention even.

But when it is virtually impossible to answer the question based on the information given, and we need to "interview" you to narrow it down, then there is room for improving efficiency.

The above comments were meant in good spirit!

Have a nice Sunday,

Julius

0 Kudos

I agree with Julius on all counts, your questions are usually interesting & sometimes we need a bit more info get going with.

I hope you don't hold back from posting on here in the future.

0 Kudos

From ST03N/ST03 I can determine that the pgm got executed thetime its taken etc...

Now I need to know when this PGM started and subsequently Dumped !

The time at which the program went into ABAP dump can be determined using ST22 itself.

So, if you can determine using ST03N/ST03 the time it took for execution, then I think you should be able to determine the time when the program started.