cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NFS Connection User

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon,

I have a mount (/usr/sap/trans/apsisIMS) to a NFS Windows server in my HP-UX. When trying to delete files from that folder /usr/sap/trans/apsisIMS) the system hangs.

Can anyone tell me which is usually the user who connects in thoses cases? <sid>adm? How can i check this?

Best Regards,

Pedro Gaspar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pedro,

With what permissions have you mounted your directory ?

You can find this information in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab , the file would differ from OS to OS, i do not recollect which one is true for HP-UNIX.

Check the mount permissions, you need to have rwx , i.e. read , write and execute permissions to delete files from the directory.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer Siddesh,

i've already checked that. What i really want to know is the user which the SAP system uses in that folder. Should it be as for folders in the server machine? <sid>adm?

For example, since our system is IMS the user which the system uses to "talk" with the operanting systems reagrding files acces is imsadm? <sid>= ims adm?

Regards,

Pedro Gaspar

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes that is correct, <sid>adm is the only user SAP uses to 'talk' to filesystems and OS in general.

your database application will use the userid: ora<sid>

However if you do not have anything related to your database on /usr/sap/trans , it shouldn't be a problem.

Regards,

Siddhesh