cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File construction for XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What is the best format we can suggest for file constructtion for XI to send to target system.

What I mean is whether we can ask Tab delimited file/comma delimited or csv file with column heading or not.

Venu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Initially for a File Receiver scenario you will need to create the "File_Output_DT" Data Type based on the List of RFC's Import parameters, "File_Output_MT" Message Type

and "File_MI" Message Inteface and use the "File_Output_MT" Message Type in the "Demo_MM" Message Mapping.This should enable File Receiver scenario to be tested once you have performed the required Integration directory configuration.

Then when you get the RFC confirmed in the Integartion Repository,Do the following

1. In the Edit Software Component Version screen Under

Definition Tab : Interface Import, Select the option

import of RFC and IDoc inteface from SAP systems Permitted.And Specify the SAP System Connection data.

2.Import the RFC from the SAP system,Select the required

RFC from the displayed RFC List. Activiate the RFC

imported.

3.Now you will not require the "File_Output_DT" Data Type

and "File_Output_MT" Message Type, "File_MI" Message

Inteface created for the File Receiver scenario.

4.In "Demo_MM" Message Mapping replace "File_Output_MT"

Message Type by selecting the imported RFC as Message

Type and then do the Mapping.

5.In the Interface mapping replace the "File_MI" Message Inteface by selecting the Imported RFC as Target Interface and use the newly mapped "Demo_MM" Message Mapping.

6. In the Integration Directory now configure the Receiver Communication channel etc for RFC and your previous configuration for File receiver can be removed.

Note: This method is not a easy replacement of File receiver with RFC receiver but a way for you to get familiarised with the scenario.

Hope this answers your question

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To test a Structure which could be close to the RFC/BAPI/IDoc, you can get the List of the RFC's Import parameters and create a simple XML structure.Which you can then replace with the Imported RFC in the Message Mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thank you very much.

So i need to creat an XML structure which contains all the import parameters.

But how can I replace with the Imported RFC in message Mapping.

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to try the scenario with File receiver instead of RFC/IDoc, to begin with you can try creating simple XML file or CSV file at the receiver end.

Hope this helps your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Venu

I very much agree with santosh. It depends a lot on, what type of file format does your target system expect, which will automatically reduce the processing overhead.

But if your scenario has multiple reciever, and that too with different file format, than i would suggest you to go with csv file format as it gives maximum flexiblity with minimum processing overhead.

regards,

Mithlesh Kumar Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mitul,

Normally in file to SAP scenario we use Idoc/RFC/BAPI.

Right now I'm not having Idoc/Rfc/Bapi structure . In this situation what can I suggest for file construction.

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu

If you are just trying the scenario, then you can use XML file and you can use that XML file without content Conversion, But if You use CSV, you need to do Content Conversion Setting.

For testing The scenario i would suggest you to go for XML file.

I am giving a simple XML file, You can create one like that by just copying.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns:MT_REC xmlns:ns="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Test">

<NAME>

<NAME>asdf</NAME>

<LOCATION>GURGAON</LOCATION>

<DESIGNATION>DEVELOPER</DESIGNATION>

<CONTACTNO>1234567890</CONTACTNO>

</NAME>

<NAME1>

<NAME>ASDFASDF</NAME>

<LOCATION>GURGAON</LOCATION>

<DESIGNATION>DEVELOPER</DESIGNATION>

<CONTACT>1234567890</CONTACT>

</NAME1>

</ns:MT_REC>

Regards

Mithlesh Kumar Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithlesh,

Thank u for ur helpful answer.

Right now they are not having any generic structure, In a week time they are going to come with some format of structure, that should map definitely to BAP/RFC/IDOC .

At this moment I can suggest them I want the structure like Tab delimited/ Comma delimited/ CSV like..etc

To test my self ur suggestion would be useful.

Regards,

venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu

Any way, csv file with column heading is the best solution. as you can have more flexibilty for further processing on the target system.

Regards

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Best File Format to be used will depend on the file type the target system is capable of handling well. The creation of Tab/Comma delimited/csv by XI will not be a issue,so check what File type the Target system can handle.(If it's a existing system find the file type which the target system can handle with less modification.)