cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart server from Developer Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When deploying web dynpro's to the WAS from NWDS, I'm prompted for a password.

However, if I restart or stop the server from NWDS, I'm <b>not</b> prompted for a password.

So if I obtain the url of any production server that has a J2EE engine running, an I set it up in my preferences, I can stop/start it at will.

Isn't that undesirable from a security point of view? Did we misconfigure something?

Regards,

Roelof

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> Isn't that undesirable from a security point of view?

Yes as you say this is undesirable and i think the Basis guys will check this out (probably a valid point on their checklist)

>>Did we misconfigure something?

I dont exactly know the setting in Config tool (it should be under Config Tool -> Config Editor -> cluster data -> propertysheet). Ones this is set the 'Productive Use' parameter will be set to 'Yes' (check it out in the J2EE Engine view). If 'Productive Use' is set to 'Yes' then we cannot restart the process from NWDS.

I am working on the find this out as well.

Regards,

S.Divakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I am not able to find this setting. Please let me know if you found out more. Thanks in advance.

Roelof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I observed that if the server is set to Debug mode that we are able to restart the server from NWDS, else the option is disabled.

please check the same.

Regards,

S.Divakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Debug mode or not, I can stop/start/restart the server from NWDS. If not in debug mode, I can choose 'enable debugging of process', which restarts the server in debug mode.

Regards,

Roelof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 3 parameters which will help us start the server in Debugmode.

1. Debuggable.

2. Debug mode.

3. Debug port.

if Debuggable is set to 'yes' then the user will have the option to start/stop debug mode. if Debuggable is set to 'no' then the user will not have the option.

Regards,

S.Divakar