cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check budget status before Project release.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our requirement is that the project should not be released before it has been budgeted. We have maintained a user status to check this but the users are manually changing the status to budgeted without giving budget to the project and releasing it.

We want to find some BADI or User Exit which checks the budget status before releasing the project.

The projects are on different clients which are running in both version 4.7 and ECC 6.0.

I checked for user exits and BADI using SMOD, but there are none.

Pls suggest where iam going wrong..

thanks

KAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't need a BADI here.

If you want to stop user from changing the status, you can control it using authorisation key and using this in the authorisation object B_USERSTAT.

Only user have the authorisation key will be allowed to change the status.

This should be simpler than BADI!

Regards

Sreenivas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had this same problem here, I solved it at this way:

1) Create an user status;

2) At the transaction control - change status profile, choose for budgeting allowed and you need to flag delete.

3) At transaction code release youn need to flag forbidd.

If you do it, it isn't possible to the users manually change the status to budgeted without giving budget to the project and release it.

If you never want to do this manually, you don't need to insert tha object B_USERSTAT to the authorizations roles.

Best Regards!

Lucia Viegas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried this way but im facing problem

1) Create an user status;-- Created

2) At the transaction control - change status profile, choose for budgeting allowed and you need to flag delete.- Delete field is in inactive( no radio button displayed)

3) At transaction code release you need to flag forbidd.- Exactly where ( project or budget release) u mean in system status

Please clarify

Thanks in advance

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Lucia / Srinivas for your prompt responses over weekend.

Using an authorisation profile is not possible for our business.

The user status solution suggested by Lucia was more relevant for our requirement but as KP pointed out, I too didnt find the Delete radio button for the Budgeting in User status..

Pls guide..

Thank you

KAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ur issue can be resolved thry User status.thru OK02

Eg.

Just define User Status not budgeted - NBUD doble click on the line here we can see various system status put the radio button for WBS release in Forbidden status.

Finally attach the status to Project profle.

Rgds