cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer Problems populating dynamic entry list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

I have a problem related with populate dynamic entry list with a data service. The data service is working but when the variables are binding in the form view with the drop-down and the model executed the drop-down is blank and the values of data services are not being get.

Which could be the problem?.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have almost the same problem too, but my problem is a little different.

I have 4 drop down in my form A. The form A fills with a web service XYZ that it was tested and there's no problem with it. The problem is with the drop down.

All of my drop down fills dynamicly (Ctrl Properties - Entry List - Dynamic List):

- The first drop down fills with a parameter X that we get at the begining (here is no problem)

- The three last drop downs fills each one with different web services and I send the option that we selected on the first drop down as a parameter to the dynamic list.

But we only have problem with the last drop down when I notice that the web service of this drop down is executed two o more times.

1. First the web service XYZ that fills the entire form is executed.

2. Then the dynamic list of the drop down is executed.

3. Then the value that the web service XYZ returned is matched with one of the option of the list (until here is everything fine)

4. But then, the dynamic list is executed again and put on the drop down the first option ... BUT the option that really is "selected" is the one that returned the web service XYZ at the begining.

So please I really need help to solve these issue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcelo,

I,m getting the values from DATA service correctly. I did a test and was ok. But i think that my problem is with the referenced value. If i pass constant value to the dynamic list input i recive the correct values that i expect.

marcelo_ramos
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had the same problem within 30 minutes ago. I developed the model and exported to Test system and then all the dynamic values stopped working.

Solved this problem after recreating the fields and the drop-down list directly in the system of testing.

Greetings,

Marcelo Ramos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´ve no transport to the other system. I´m in development system and no result were reached. I´m using a RFC data service to populate the entry list. The RFC input parameters are been sent in diferent ways. Using a out port from a table view an event to send values to the form with an input port. The form has a drop down and two input field. The input field are populated correctly but no works with drop down.

marcelo_ramos
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

Welcome to SDN Forums, don't forget to read the [Forum Rules|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/MSI].

Do you assigned correctally values of DATA Services to the Input and Output Ports ?

Do you ensured that the DATA Services is returning values correctly ?

Dont't forget to close this thread when your problem be solved !

Greetings,

Marcelo Ramos