cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap Logon Load Balancing Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my production system landscape in R3 I've one CI+DB Server and 3 Application Servers. I've got around 1000 users who login into R3. Currently the users are putting the individual IPs of the application servers and accessing SAP, I want to ensure that all the application servers are used to the maximum and are evenly balanced with the user load. The users are not evenly distributed geographically. I want to make one logon group so that if any application server has a hardware failure it can be removed, rectified and added to the group without the end user knowing about it.

How do I do the configuration for the sap logon load balancing. What is the best way to go about getting this task done.

any inputs on this would be appreciated

Regards

Alfred

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create one logon group with all application servers.

Execute t-code SMLG

Give the logon group name and the application server you want to add.Same way you add rest of the application server to that group.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could configure logon groups on t-code SMLG. For Logon Load balancing recommendation, you could read it [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c4/3a64c1505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm].