cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I reserve stock for a specific sales order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We would like to reserve stock for a specific sales order X which must be delivered next month. I have created a reservation (trx. MB21) for sales order X (movement type 231). MD04 list shows the reservation and decreases ATP stock. Stock is blocked for allocation to other sales orders. So far, it works as required. But: I cannot deliver sales order X either! It is possible to post GI for the reservation but there is no link to sales order X. It is still not possible to deliver sales order X. I thought entering the sales order number in the reservation would link the reservation to the sales order but appearently it is not.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use reservations for reserving stock for sales orders? If yes, how does it work?

If not, is there a way to reserve stock for future issue of a specific sales order or for a specific customer?

Regards,

Mariët

PS We confirm all sales orders. Stock allocation / ATP-check only takes place at delivery creation.

Edited by: Mariet on Jul 11, 2008 2:35 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If suffiecient quantities are always available (ATP quantities), then you can follow the normal process wherein Av Check and TOR happens and the quantities are assigned to this sales order and you can se that in the MD04 also. If you donot want to deliver the stocks now and wish to postpone the delivery, you can manually assign delivery block in the order. If this has to happen for all the orders, then you can default the delivery block.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont u try with quantity contract or schduleline aggrements..

I think this will help u in this situation..

regards

sankar

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mariet,

I do not know the process.

1. When you create the reservation you have to give the SO no as well as SO item.

2. When you book GI in MIGO (or in MB1A) by 231 refering to the reservation your stock level will decrease - material movements takes place > there's no point in speaking about delivery and PGI since GI already took place.

3. Though the material document only contains information on reservation and customer, the details of SO are in the reservation.

I think this not 'the normal' sales process. It seems whether you choose GI via reservation whether you follow the 'normal' path and do the process w/o reservation.

If you want to assign (and reserve) stock for your SO you should work in MTO environment. Here goods assigned to SO via special stock ('E" + SO no.). In MTS environment stock is not assigned to SO.

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Thanks for your reply. We are not going to work in MTO environment because we do not make/purchase to order... I will explain our process/requirement in detail:

Normaly a customer orders our products and we deliver from stock. Sometimes a customer calls and informs us that he needs an extraordinary large amount of the product next month. Customer tells us that it is very important that the full quantity is available that date. For us it is no problem to purchase that amount of products in time but we must avoid other customers to take away the stock. Since we confirm all sales orders and do not allocate stock to sales orders, I am looking for a solution to 'reserve' that amount of stock for that specific customer to be available at that specific date (next month).

I tried to use reservations but then I need a sales order number, so that's why I created a sales order with delivery date next month. I created a reservation (movement type 231, sales order number X + sales order item number). Unfortunately the stock can still be assigned to other customers/sales orders... (I was expecting that only sales order X could use this reserved stock...).

Do you know if reservations can be used for this purpose? I do not need a sales order (I only created it because I need to enter a sales order + item in the reservation), if there is a way to reserve quantity for a specific customer this would be a good solution for us as well.

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Regards,

Mariet

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello manet,

do the consignment fill up and issue the next month.

this way, order qty will be reserved for that order and hence the customer.

regards

vishal

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you follow MTS sceanrio there's no exact way to assign the stock to SO as I know.

It's not clear when you create the SO for your customer who is likely to order that huge amount of goods.

Basically, you can use such scenario that was suggested by Vishal I think.

You can solve your issue via special stock or stock type (category) in my opinion. You can block your stock or post it to quality inspection.

You can post your goods a SLoc which is exluded from MRP.

(If you use WM you can create the delivery and execute picking > the goods will get to 916+dynamic stocks. It will be available from MRP point of view but if your SO is created for which you want to issue the goods later, it is no problem. In this case you can block the storage bins as well.)

Or you can create reservation and when you want to do GI you can delete it.

But Vishal's idea sounds very interesting you should consider this I think (maybe this is the most natural solution).

BR

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 11, 2008 3:57 PM