cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP using WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

If I want to run MRP , first requisite is to attach the component to the Network/Activity and then release it and run MRP or use BOM transfer to allocate material to Network/Activities.

But suppose If i want do not want to create Network/Activities, and allocate material directly to WBS Elements and then run MRP by MD51 transaction.

Is it possible? Or is there any method to do this.

Rewards points will be awarded .Please Reply.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible to attache a mataial direcetly to a WBS element. You have to attach a matial to an activity in turn to WBS element. Network will be created for the activity.then you can run MRP via MD51

Regards

Soundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks soundar for your reply,

But I dont want to create Activites, I want only WBS Element and run MRP on it .

Is it possible.

Please reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin

Yes it is possible.Your requirement can be addressed in Production by lot planning. But you cannnot use all the features in project systems. You can create a WBS element and create a production order or a PR w.r.t. WBS element which wll create reservations and you can run MRP.

Please look into the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/13/153b351b068076e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Regards

Soundar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure if we can run the MRP with activity/networks.. you can create a simple network with one activity and then allocate the components to it and execute the MRP cycle.

Please post if you find a solution to this

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you create an network, WBS, netwtork activity, if there is a shortage of material, a PR is created.

The MRP picks up these PRs. The project elements are not directly linked in MRP.

Regards,

Ramesh.