cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not get WebDynpro tutorial to run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NW knowledgeable ones.

I just loaded the NWDS and the WAS Software to my server. The version I am running of each is SP14.

I attempted to create and run the tutorial webDynpro application, "Welcome Application".

When I create new archive and run, I get a 500 internal server error. I am running NWDS on the same server.

I am running Version: 2.0.14 (Build id: 200509100215) of SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio.

The error I get is as follows:

<b>Root Cause

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:</b>

java.lang.InstantiationError: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo

at com.sap.test.welcome.wdp.InternalWelcomeComponent.<init>(InternalWelcomeComponent.java:41)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)

... 27 more

<b>The correction hints (below) seem to indicate that my NWDS and WAS are not compatible.</b>

The currently executed application, or one of the components it depends on, has been compiled against class file versions that are different from the ones that are available at runtime.

If the exception message indicates, that the modified class is part of the Web Dynpro Runtime (package com.sap.tc.webdynpro.*) then the running Web Dynpro Runtime is of a version that is not compatible with the Web Dynpro Designtime (Developer Studio or Component Build Server) which has been used to build + compile the application.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check again if the Web AS you are deplyoing to has also (at least) SP14?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did check. The two versions were consistent.

I was able to solve the problem. As it turned out there was a wierd tab open on my NWDS project. The tab indicated something about METADATA not being consisent until SAVED. It was a confusing message, and I still don't know what it was trying to tell me.

Somebody told me that their project didn't have that tab. Consequently, I just "closed" the window in NWDS. I then rebuilt the project and redeployed and now everythings works fine.

Thanks Armin for tring to help however. I very much appreciate it.

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You probably refer to this "There are unsaved metadata" tab. This is somewhat crude way to tell that you should save your project (and thereby regenerate the code) to reach a consistent state again.

In newer NWDS versions this is cleaned-up, you simply save everything by pressing CTRL-(SHIFT)-S as usual.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. The next time I see that TAB, I will look to SAVE again. However, I tell you that SAVING is what I thought I had to do to fix the problem. I hit CTRL SHIFT S, and a couple of other SAVE commands to try to get rid of the tab, and nothing made it go away.

I on SP14 of NWDS.

Again, thanks for the comments though.

Kevin

Answers (0)