cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to open MSVisio in DataManager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am not able to open MSVisio in data manager .It is saying that MSVisio doesn't exist.

Installed MDM Workflow and MSVisio but still says MSVisio doesn't exist.

Please let me know any configurations need to be done.

Thanks

Narendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Install MS Visio 2003 Professional version and then workflow plug in.Then in visio go to tools-Options-Advanced-File Paths.Under Add ons and Start up provide the path where the workflow .VSL file is stored.Then go to Security-Macro Security-Set Security level as Low and the Under trusted Publisher select Trust access to Visual Basic project.

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I did the same what you told ,but still it is saying could not launch an editior for workflow when i try to

open MSVisio document in workflows table.

can anyone tell me where the problem is occured?

Thanks

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

This occured only when you have not installed the workflow component.Also the component shd of same versions as the MDM gui's are of.

When u select the Workflow table in the data manager it shd not be greyed out.If it is then u have not installed the Workflow component.

In MDM data manager to enable the Workflow tab u have to first install the Work flow component of MDM and then also the microsoft visio.This will solve your problem.

WorkflowInstall component is available with the MDM Installables only under GUI Clients at service market place. It is a workflow engine that executes the MDM Workflows.U can download it from Marketplace.... But u must marketplace ID & password.

If u dont hve ask ur Basis guys to download it for u.

here is path :

1) logon to service.sap.com => SAP Support Portal

2) go to Downloads =>SAP Support Packages within the top navigation

3) on the left, click "Entry by Application Group"

4) choose "SAP Netweaver" => "SAP MDM" => "SAP MDM 5.5" => GUI Clients => MDM GUI CLIENTS 5.5 =>Win32

From the mentioned place download zip file which is compatible with ur current version

Rgds

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ankit,

I have already installed MSVisio and workflow component . Workflow component and MDM GUI are in

same version.But still i am facing problem.

Thanks

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version of MS VISIO ur using as MS 2003 is compatible but not higher versions.If u must have downloaded Workflow component first and then Visio and then shd have done the configuration by giving the path of Visio.

Rgds

Ankit

Edited by: ankit jain on Jul 17, 2008 11:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

I am using MS Visio 2003 only and what i have to install first?

Someone says that first install workflow component then Visio and someone says that first install visio

then workflow component.

What i have to install first in both of these components?

Thanks

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

First install workflow component in the same folder wher other guis are installed and then install MS Visio.And then configure by giving the path of Visio.As one of the link says.

If problem persists kindly update.

rgds

Ankit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

While installing the MSVisio, we need to give the path of the location where your .exe is stored.

So, please check if you have given the correct path.

Regards

Richa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please make sure you install Visio first and then the MDM Workflow Plugin.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Please refer to the below link for the configurations

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/e0615f82b40a2ee10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Go to Record Mode -> MDM Workflows -> Microsoft Visio Plug-in at a Glance -> Configuring the Microsoft Visio Plug-in

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja