Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline approval: Resend email on specific workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

SRM 4.0

We use item based approval and offline solution, where every SC is approved through emails only. Usually, when an approver claims that the email from the workflow/work item has not been sent to him, we go to SOST and find the mail, and sends it again. However, in some cases the email cannot be found in SOST, meaning that the work item has most likely never been sent before; although the workflow log claims that the work item is lying in the approver's inbox (SAP inbox of course). Is there a way to force the RSWUWFMLEC program that sends the emails to run on 1 particular work item? Or is it just not possible to make the workflow resend the email? Remember - the email is not in SOST, so it seems that RSWUWFMLEC has just skipped this work item to begin with, and apparently now it is too late...

Looking forward to information!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, yes you can do this....

First go to SWI6 transaction, put BUS2121 on field object type, press Enter Object Key and put here shopping cart number that you want forward....

Select All instances in Selection variant field and All in Selection period field...

Press execute and then on last Step in the process so far tab, press here, you have a pop up with a number on down part of the screen, similar to 000000537431&language=EN&client=570

Select number 537431and copy it....

Then you can go to SWIA transaction, put this number on Identification field, press execute button, select the line that the system shows and press Administrator forward button, here you put user ID that you want to forward the work item....

I hope this can help you

Thanks

Rosa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay...? I do know the SWIA transaction, but didn't realize that this could help send the email as well?

I will give it a shot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

Here is what I have in SWI6 for the SC:

Current data for started workflow: Item-Based Approval 10043494

Steps in this process so far

Step name Status Result Time stamp Agent

Approval of SC of DKBODPRA Value: 5.233,00 DKK Ready 08.07.2008 - 09:30:41 Information...

Information objects addressed so far

I cannot see where I can get that pop-up you mention? Can I find the relevant number within the workflow log itself?

Got the number, trying to proceed.

Edited by: Dennis Mogensen on Jul 11, 2008 12:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is just working like a charm, thank you very much.

I have been working a lot with SWIA, but really never realized that this could also trigger the email to be sent again... Simple solution.

Answers (0)