cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile application connected to SolMan (SMSY)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to include a mobile application (MAM) in my test scenarios, which are stored in our SolMan. Therefore I need to connect somehow this mobile application in our system landscape. I am familiar with installing logical systems, logical components, RFC's to SAP systems, but not mobile installations.

I searched the www and SDN without any hint. I found a SAP presentation, where a "mobile box" was connected to the SolMan with an arrow ... (marketing information level). So I assume it should be possible.

Does anybody have information / experience in such constellation? I appreciate any kind of information.

Thanks in advance

Hans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194360
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hans

did you already checked the Master Guide for SAP NetWeaver (see service.sap.com/instguides) - in particular the information about usage type "MI"? From the same branch you can go to "SAP Mobile Infrastructure" guides.

regards,

Andreas R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

thank you for your promt answer.

I checked the suggested document and other installation guides, but only found general statements, that imply that the SolMan could be used for mobile scenarios, but no hints HOW to set up the connections for the landscape directory.

I still have any clue where to look or start.

Can anybody else help?

Thanks in advance

Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

your hint led me to the solution: thank you!

I found the i.e. MAM as product under the System "SAP Netweaver" in the SMSY.

(-> for all other experts, who might have the same problem).

This was the "missing link". I think, I can make my first steps and figure out the rest (as usual by trial & error).

Best regards

Hans

former_member194360
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hans

The NetWeaver guide offres information about the technolog in general.

In the service.sap.com/instguides below "SAP Components -> SAP Mobile Applications -> SAP MAM, or SAP XMAM" you find component specific Master and Installation Guides. There you find a detailled installation sequence for the Mobile Asset Management. The installation guide discusses all steps to set up the RFC connections.

If it is not relevant to you, perhaps for a differerent Forum participant

regards

Andreas R

Answers (0)