Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in DC Referencing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i created 4 DCs :

1)EJB_DC containing a stateless session bean.

2)Java_DC containing a proxy class to make a call to the EJB method.

3)WD_DC containing a WebDynpro component calling the Proxy Class within the Java DC.It has a build time and runtime dependency on the Java DC.

4)EAR DC which has Runtime dependency on EJB and Java DC.

Now i deploy the EAR DC and the WD DC.

ERROR : The WD Application is unable to Load the Proxy Class within the Java DC

Can anyone help please ???????

Regards,

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is due to the fact that a Java DC does not have a deployable result: Your proxy class is thus not deployed on the server. See the following topic for more info:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

The information which you sent was useful.But my problem is still unsolved.

I have already wrapped the Java DC and the EJB DC in an EAR DC and deployed the EAR.

Also, i have given the EAR DC as a RunTime and DeployTime dependency for the WD DC.

But its of no use.

The SAP Note 798872 speaks about giving the EAR DC as a reference in the WD DC's application-j2ee-engine.xml, but when i see the listed library references, i donot see the EAR project at all, i only see the sap.com libraries.

Please help.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you detail exactly how you wrapped the Java DC in the EAR DC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya,

I created 2 public parts for the Java DC-

PublicPart_compile and PublicPart_Assemble.

In the used DCs of the EAR DC, i included the Java DC and set

PublicPart_Assemble(Java)

BuildTime Dependency = true

RunTime Dependency = true

Deploy Time = false

Design Time = false

Further in the WebDynpro DC's Used DCs, i include both

PublicPart_compile and PublicPart_Assemble of the Java DC giving

PublicPart_compile(Java)

RunTime Dependency = false

Deploy Time = false

Design Time = false

PublicPart_assemble(Java)

RunTime Dependency = true

Deploy Time = false

Design Time = true

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to add the public parts of the Java DC as Entity references to the corresponding public parts of the EAR DC. Only then the Java jars will be included in the EAR DC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That means i have to create a Public Part of the EAR DC first.But when i go to the EAR DC and create a new public part, i donot see any entities at all to be added.All i see is an empty Folder.

What to do now?

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open the public part of the EAR DC, right-click the Entity References node and select the Add Entity Reference option. Then select the corresponding public part of the Java DC. Do this for both assembly and compilation public parts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

i did exactly the same .The IDE didnot allow me to add the Compile public part of Java DC to the EAR DC.However on adding the Assembly Public Part, i go tht efollowing error :

Jan 6, 2006 1:28:24 PM /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] ERROR: testDCforEAR: Build failed for sap.com/testDCforEAR(MyComponents) in variant "default": Invalid entity references were found :

public part "pp" of "sap.com/testDCforEAR(MyComponents)" with purpose "compilation" must not reference public part "PublicPart_Assembly" of "sap.com/testDCforJava" with purpose "assembly".

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you assign the assembly public part of the Java DC to the entity references of the assembly public part of the EAR DC. Do the same for the compilation pp's. You were mixing them, thus the error occurred.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

i exactly did the same.

the ear DC didnot allow me to add the Java DCcompile type public part ("There is no valid usage relation to the Public Part")

It allowed me however to add the JavaDC Assembly Pub Part.

But on building the EAR DC, i got the following error:

Jan 9, 2006 11:07:36 AM /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] ERROR: testDCforEAR: Build failed for sap.com/testDCforEAR(MyComponents) in variant "default":

-

Build log -

Development Component Build (2006-01-09 11:07:36)

Component name: testDCforEAR

Component vendor: sap.com

SC compartment: MyComponents

Configuration: LocalDevelopment

Source code location: i032850@INLD50038618A

DC root folder: C:\Documents and Settings\i032850\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\sap.com\testDCforEAR\_comp\

DC type: J2EE

DC subtype: Enterprise Application

Host: INLD50038618A

DC Model check:

[dcmake] All used DCs are available locally

[dcmake] validating dependency to build plugin "sap.com/tc/bi/bp/enterpriseApplication"

[dcmake] validating dependency to public part "ejbjar" of DC "sap.com/testDCforEJB"

[dcmake] validating dependency to public part "PublicPart_Assembly" of DC "sap.com/testDCforJava"

[dcmake] validating entity reference from public part "PP_Assembly" to public part "PublicPart_Assembly" of DC "sap.com/testDCforJava"

[dcmake] DC model check OK

Start build plugin:

[dcmake] using build plugin: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/enterpriseApplication

[dcmake] starting build plugin from : C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap\comp\SAP_BUILDT\DCs\sap.com\tc\bi\bp\enterpriseApplication\_comp\gen\default\public\enterpriseApplication\

Build Plugins Version 7.00 (EnterpriseApplicationPlugin, 645_SP_REL) from 9 Mai 2005 02:33:21

Building development component 'testDCforEAR', vendor 'sap.com', type 'J2EE', subtype 'Enterprise Application'

software component 'MyComponents', vendor 'sap.com'.

location 'local'.

source code location 'i032850@INLD50038618A'.

Options:

convert *.xlf to *.properties: yes

include sources for debugging: yes

run JLin tests is available : no

Creating Ant build file..

No 'default' JDK_HOME_PATH defined, will use running VM. Please update your configuration.

public part purpose 'assembly' is not allowed for this DC type.

public part purpose 'assembly' is not allowed for this DC type.

Build finished with ERROR

Cleaning up.

Please help

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

"public part purpose 'assembly' is not allowed for this DC type."

Instead of trying to include the Java DC in the EAR DC, try putting it into a J2EE Library DC and reference that DC from your EAR DC.

Answers (0)