cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Back-dated Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We create Sales Order with reference to Quotation, Only.

Quotation is being prepared by sales _personnel and Accounts-personnel Create Sales Order with reference to that Quotation no.

My Query is:

If a Sales Personnel Creates Quotation on 30.06.2008 and Accounts-personnel creates Sales Order on 01.07.2008; it will reflect as July's Booking and not of June's.

I tried to change the Document date from 01.07.2008 to 30.06.2008 in the Sales Order' Header Data, under Tab: Sales; but still its showing in July month's booking.

Please guide.

Thanks in Advance...

Amit Kr. Yadav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not only changed -

Document Date: 30.06.2008 (edited)

Valid from: 30.06.2008 (edited)

Pricing Date: 30.06.2008 (edited)

Created on: 02.07.2008 (non-editable)

in Quotation -> Header Data -> Sales.

But also, changed the same,i.e.

Document date: 30.06.2008 (edited)

Price Date: 30.06.2008 (edited)

Created on: 11.07.2008 (non-editable)

in Sales Order -> Header Data -> Sales.

Still, its coming in July month's booking and not in to Month: June.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amit,

Since you are using a Standard SIS (i guess so), it will always take the 'Creation date' and book the sales in that month. You can understand why the system does it like this if you study the details of the standard Info structures (S001 - S007).

If you see the update rules, the key figures are mostly taking their dates from MCVBAP-ERDAT (which is the date of creation)

If you want to see the report in the previous month, then create a custom SIS str (copy the standard) and in the update rules for the Key figures, make the system take the Date from MCVBAK-AUDAT.

Hope this helps.

Arijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arijit,

Please explain me the following:

1. What is the purpose of Document date in Sales Documents (specially, in Header data)?

2. Moreover, we have designed some Z-Reports: Sales Regiser Reports, which fetches data based upon Document date (Now I am not sure that ABAPer has refernced which date From which Table and Field to fetch the info).

Thanks in Advance..

Best regards,

Amit K. Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the pricing date it is showing there. If it is showing in next months then it will consider in next month only..

So please try to change pricing date also that should come under this month only then retry..

Regards

sankar