cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Mapping Linkage Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello exports,

i copied the source code from to my eclipse and created a jar file, which I uploaded to XI. When I try to test the Interface-Mapping (with the Test-Interface in Integration Repository) I get the following response:

Creating Java mapping Mapping_Test

LinkageError at JavaMapping.load(): Could not load class: Mapping_Test

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: (Mapping_Test) bad major version at offset=6 at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:224) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:159) at com.sap.aii.ibrep.server.mapping.ibrun.RepMappingLoader.findClass(RepMappingLoader.java:175) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:603) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:569) at com.sap.aii.ibrep.server.mapping.ibrun.RepJavaMapping.load(RepJavaMapping.java:136) at com.sap.aii.ibrep.server.mapping.ibrun.RepJavaMapping.execute(RepJavaMapping.java:50) at com.sap.aii.ibrep.server.mapping.ibrun.RepMappingHandler.run(RepMappingHandler.java:80) at com.sap.aii.ibrep.server.mapping.rt.MappingHandlerAdapter.run(MappingHandlerAdapter.java:107) at com.sap.aii.ibrep.server.mapping.ServerMapService.transformInterfaceMapping(ServerMapService.java:127) at com.sap.aii.ibrep.server.mapping.ServerMapService.transform(ServerMapService.java:104) at com.sap.aii.ibrep.sbeans.mapping.MapServiceBean.transform(MapServiceBean.java:40) at com.sap.aii.ibrep.sbeans.mapping.MapServiceRemoteObjectImpl0_0.transform(MapServiceRemoteObjectImpl0_0.java:167) at com.sap.aii.ibrep.sbeans.mapping.MapServiceRemoteObjectImpl0_0p4_Skel.dispatch(MapServiceRemoteObjectImpl0_0p4_Skel.java:104) at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:319) at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:200) at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:136) at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33) at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:215) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:102) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:172)

What is this, did I something wrong? Are there any files missing in the jar or on the XI Server?

Thanks and regards

David

Edited by: David Claes on Jul 11, 2008 10:13 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the Java version connected to your NWDS.

PI 7.0 requires Java 1.4

Regards

Stefan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have encountered similar "strange" problems. Please try to delete the message mapping in the interface mapping and save. Then attache the message mapping ones again, save and activate. This solved our problems

this was something i came across on the forum....

do check Link[;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

This occurs due to the mismatch in the java versions used in ur server and ur java editor,

In case u are using NWDS,when u create a project by default it will give the highest version but as stephan and sanjeev have already told u, u will need java 1.4 ,hence u can select the java version and as 1.4 and continue the procedure of creating the project ,class et al.

Hope this helps u out

Edited by: Mohd Tauseef Ibrahim on Jul 11, 2008 11:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

thank you for your help, but the problem still occurs. I changed JRE from 1.6 to 1.4, but the problem still occurs. I don't use NWDS, I use normal eclipse (3.3.0 Europa).

Do you have any other ideas?

EDIT:

our system

make.rel NW04S_15_REL

SP-Number 15

jdk.version 1.3

I will try jdk 1.3 now.

Thanks and regards.

David

Edited by: David Claes on Jul 11, 2008 2:21 PM

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Your version of Eclipse must be higher than the version of the PI server. Use the appropriate version for developing the code. It will help.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

In ur NWDS is this maping working fine ( i mean code check and debug) as i am facing similar type of problem when debuging in NWDS saying Class Loader is missing****...

According to my knowledge Check your java code.

Regards

Rao