cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating multiple rows in a table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I hope someone would be able to assist me with this. Currently, we are supporting a Web Dynpro application that allows a user to query for order data. In the first view, there is a table with columns order id, order name, customer name, and customer country. The table allows them to search for more than one order at the same time.

The problem with this is that the user can only enter order data for one row at a time. What they want is to be able to cut and paste order ID from some other source and it will automatically populate the table rows. The users claim that it is inefficient to cut/paste one at a time and would like to change this.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to implement this?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

monalisa_biswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no direct way of copying data from external source and pasting in webdynpro table.

One alternative solution is to provide excel upload in your table. So user can upload multiple order numbers from a flat file into your table.

Hope it helps.

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Either obtain the number of Order IDs usign any identifier or seperator and create the elements and add it to the table at the respective indices.

Else, as suggested before use a excel file to upload similar to in ABAP.

Regards,

Sharath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charisse,

you would like to input a set of data with a single paste action?

From what I understand in web dynpro you can fill just a single ui element at a time. Assuming that you use an Input Element to accept orderd ID, what about filling it with a comma separated list of ID? Then in the action processing you will split the list and use the ID to populate the table.

Regards