cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Data(Entry Required(enabled)) still w/o assigning val. DIR Saved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In DMS we have created class and characteristics. For characteristics "value assignment" we have checked "entry Required" field. However whenever we create DIR from CV01n and save asks to assign value but if we keep default "no entry" field checked and continue than also the DIR is saved which, is not acceptable for our scenario.....please give you expert comments on this to resolve the issue

Regards,

Akshit Patel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please implement the SAP notes 906097 and 1000800 which will enlarge the checks on the required classification characteristics.

-

From DMS point of view I would recommend you to use the BADI DOCUMENT_MAIN01 with method BEFORE_SAVE. You should be able to implement a check for classification fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

This u can not achive from CT04, its only give character inconsistency, but allows to save DIR.

What u can do, create some message class and assign to them with abap coding.Make message class as errore type, so whenever user mis, it will through error message.

Regards

Sham

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you need not do any thing in DMS.

Instead you have to define Characteristics in t-code CT04

Set default values instead of "no entry"

or remove "no entry" & define the values for the characteristics in Value tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivasan V S

i don't want to Set default values instead of "no entry"

but the another option you mention is remove "no entry" ,

so tell me where i remove this ? and put the values for the characteristics in Value tab.

and i also want to "Entry Required" if user would not enter any value in additional Data Tab

Note : I was already tick mark in "Entry Required" check box option in ct04 - Basic Data Tab. but it not working properly.

it only gives first time Alert Msg. but than after it not give Alert Msg. and it save the DIR without filling up Additional Data.

Point will be rewarded

Edited by: Tushar Dave on Jul 17, 2008 10:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't want "no entry"

Instead of selecting as single entry choose multiple entries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope this wont work. because.. if it is a text box in that case how can i select multiple entries?

Regards,

MRK