cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Switch operator be used to combine two datasets into one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to combine two datasets that hold similar data, but with different column/field names. In the switch operator (new to sps 15) one can freely define fields in the operator and then map these to the relevant fields coming in from the two data services. But at runtime I do not get a combined data out of the operator, only from one of them even though both are triggered at the same time.

Looking at the documentation it seems that the operator is to be used for merging data flows from several sources into one vc model element (eg a form).

Does anyone have any experience with this operator yet?

Henning Strand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The use of Switch operator is not to combine the data of different data services intoa single form or a table,

it is used to trigger the data flows b/w different data services .

To combinw the data form data services you should use Union operator or Combine operator.

Union opeartor -> if you don.t want duplicates in the combined data.

Combine operator->just combines the all the data with duplicates also.

I hope it helps you.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Govindu, I figured as much.

I have used the combine and union operators earlier, but the union needs to have the corresponding fields of the two data sets by the same name to merge them (the switch operator had a very nice mapping feature), and the combine operator does not merge two fields even of the same name.

So these are not perfect. Will have to try to rename fields and use the union I think.

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of renaming the fields on backend side, you can click on the data-service port, and create dynamic fields (with the same name as the other dataservice) that are mapped to your current fields names.

Regards,

Amir Mimran