cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading data from MS Excel to front end table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

after transporting the data from front end table to MS Excel, we now have a requirement of uploading data from MS Excel sheet into front end table.

Could you please help, how could this issue be resolved.

Cheers Umang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First link explains all about your question, Refer second one for more ideas.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vinod for your answer.

The blog has three Pre-Requisites :

Web Dynpro Binary Cache

File Upload - 1

File Upload - 2

For all of them, I am getting error message, "404 Sorry, we could not find that page. "

Could you please find any alternative solution for it.

Cheers Umang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhur,

The second blog tells how to read an excel sheet and display the cell values in to WebDynpro message area;

Please use a file upload UI element and bind it with an attribute value of type Resource. Once you upload the excel sheet, on upload button action, put the code that described in the blog. I believe the ans that you need is there in the blog.

Regards

Vinod

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved by Self

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go through this blog.

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

now have a requirement of uploading data from MS Excel sheet into front end table.

how do the excel file pointed? is it static(hard coded)? excel file from server itself or from client machine?

if excel file is in the client machine, you need FileUpload UI element to access it. you have to create a context attribute of type Resource and file it so that the file binary is available to server once the file is uploaded ( or after the file been selected) in FileUpload UIElement.

For all of them, I am getting error message, "404 Sorry, we could not find that page. "

where you are getting this error?

nikhil