cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re : The release quanity in the the QATR

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,,

I am facing an issue. The release qty. in the QATR certificate & the sample size are not coming same.

Please Advice.

Regards,

Vivek Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Vivek,

Are you using the STD sap layout to print the certificate???

If yes then let me know the Assigned Layout set in the COA profile (QC01/02/03).

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Please tell me how to check this ?

Regards,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well Shymal,

The layout I am using is ZCQM015.

Regards,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

To see the assigned layout go to QC03, and find the value in the field "Name" for "Assign Layout set" in the Header data for QC03

But as you have described in the second post, the layout is ZCQM015.

SO

As per my information concern, This is not the STD SAP layout for COA Printing. So I think there must be something wrong with the logic written in it that is responsible for fetching the sample UOM to the COA. So kindly check in the program what is missing or ask your ABAPer to do it for you.

One more thing, pls let me know to print the COS whihch trx you run. Is it also the "Z" transaction?

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jul 11, 2008 12:48 PM

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jul 11, 2008 12:51 PM

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jul 11, 2008 12:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal..

Thanks for getting into details.

Well the layout is the Z-Dev,but I am using QC21 to get the certtificate printed or seeing the print preview.

I ahve a doubt.

Basically this is an issue of the client on whom I m working.

"The sampling size for "100% or *% inspection" characteristic is not same as release quantity or calculated base on release quantity."

This is the FS about this thing i.e. Quantityt release/

Quatity Release [QALS-LMENGE01]

Total released quantity is derived from the inspection lot.

o Release Quantity = Release [QALS-LMENGE01] + quantity [MSEG-MENGE]

o If inspection type [QALS-ART] = 05, captures actual quantity [QALS-LMENGEIST].

Now on chking I found that the mat. master also do have this inspection "05' .So does this mean the Release qty shuld be equal to the sample size.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Sorry but I am not able to view the links you have pasted below. On clicking it drives me to the home page of SDN.

Anyway,

If you have assigned the sampling procedure to the inspection type it self in the inspection set up in MM, even though it will not got to MM any way to calculate the sample size it will concedes it from lot only.

But what I can finally suggest it to change the logic to grab the quantity from the value it posts at Stock Posting (QA11) screen to unrestricted use, for a lot.

It may solve the issue.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shymal ,

I just gave u some table N fields details Used in my case. dont click them.

My question is that whether does the sampling procedure decides (100 % or %age Inspection) that the release qty. value and the sample size will be same or not.

Second, Please tell me that how a sampling scheme(T01,T06 ) calculates the sample size.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

Yes , it is the sampling procedure that determines the sample size as well as the release quantity at some extend. Because in the UD screen (QA11) when you enters the UD code along with it, the Posting Proposal get calculated, and that is based on the sampling procedure.

In case of 100% inspection the entire lot quantity will be counted as sample size.

In case of % sampl, what ever the factor you provide to the sampling procedure, the sample size will be counted base on that factor. (e.g. You enter the "Size as % of lot" as 10% and your lot size is 100 NOS sample size will be 10 NOS and, in posting proposal for UD in QA11 screen will be counted as

Unresticted Use = 90 NOS that will be your Release qnty.)

Sample Usage = 10 NOS that will be debited to against the Cost center U have assigend in IMG.)

But in the same sampling procedure U can't select both 100% sample & %age sample.

Hope I am able to satisfy your confusion at some extend at least.

Regards,

Shyamal

Reagrds,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

thanks for your previous post. I have some doubts still.

I am presently working On a customer quality certificate.

In one of the inpection charateristic which is attributive in nature the sampling procedure taken is fixed sample. & the sample size is taken 15. Now my issue is when I go to inspection lot details through txn QA03 I find the following details .

Insp.lot qty 5,027 PC

Actual lot qty 5,027

Sample size 5,027 PC

Postings 0

Now When I see at the print profile for this certificate for this particular inspection charcteristic I find the sample size to be 5021. In my opinion it should be 5022 as 15 sampling units are taken from the sample of 5027.

Please help.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

All of first, I am not able to understand why the Sample size in you lot is calculated 5027, as you have taken it as 15 in the MIC.

Now pls let me know......

1. What is the sampling type and size for the other MICs?

2. Are you using any SDP (Sample drawing procedure)?

3. Pls make it clear If the 15 is your sample size then hoe would it count 5022, Shouldn't 5012?

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shymal,

First of all thanks.

There are 4-5 types of inspection characteristics in the inspection plan. & every inspection plan has a different sampling procedure.

Like I mentioned

for one insp. char. it has an sampling procedure : jms0001.

On going to QDV3 for this procedure system tells that this is has sampling type 100% inspection.

While another inspection characteristic has an sampling procedure JMS00020.

Again going to txn QDV3 system tell that this has an sampling type : Fixed sample. i.e N=15 per Batch,Noncof.

Now this means (what i guess is that ) when the system inspects the first insp. characteristic it takes the total lot size as sample.

& in the case of second inspection charcteristic the system takes only 15 unit from the whole lot (i.e. 5027-15)

so while displaying the certificate for first chacrteristic ,system calculate a sample size of 5027.

While for the second case it takes (5027 as the sample size)

& as the quantity release is nothing but quantity released to unretrictes location, this comes to (5027-15) as the 15 units has been consumed for inspection.

Please advice.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

Then as you say the unrestricted quantity should be 5027-15, then it should be 5012.

Now as per your previous post, you are having it 5021. Is that so???

Then I must say some thing is wrong.

Now tell me something more,

What is Base UOM of your material? Is the base UOM and the Sample UOM same? If not then check the conversion factor, rounding of it and get the calculation.

Are you using any Sample drawing procedure where you would have assigned any retained or pooled sample that is deviating the calculation ?

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jul 14, 2008 11:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal.

Thanks .

I meant to say is for 100% inspection type sampling procedure the sample size is 5027.

& for jms00020 for which I told you the plan was 15 per batch ,non conf unit the sample size should be 5027-15 .

As 15 unit are drawn from the lot . so the sample size in this case should be 5012. & the same qty should be same as the quanity release.

Now secondly wat u asked is : my basic UOM: pc.

Where to see for the sample UOM & where to chk for the conversion and all u mentioned ??

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

If you are using inspection plan then trx QP03, charecteristic over view screen,

If you are using material specification, then in trx QS61.

where the sampel size is assigned there at MIC level, click on the sample button and look for the sample size,

Or the best way is run trx QA03, enter the inspection lot number, then reach to inspection specification, in "Assigned specification" area, click on the display button (the button having the spectacles icon), and reach up to the field for sample. (Depend up on what task list you are using)

If the sample UOM is not same as your Base UOM, then go to material master MM03, in the additional data, go to the Unit of measure.

Regards,

Shyamal,

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jul 14, 2008 12:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Thanks. I just chekd as u told .

This is 1.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shyamal ,

do u hv a yahoo or MSN ID?

Regards

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Shyamal,

> Thanks. I just chekd as u told .

>

> This is 1.

>

> Regards,

>

> Vivek

It means they are same,

Then pls let me know whether your are using any Sample drawing procedure? What is your tasklist type? is that inspection plan?

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

please tell me how to check whether a sample drawing procedue is used. Secondly Inspection plan is being used.

with usage: 5 (GR)

Regards,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek bhai,

From where you got these details, i mean the Usage and status for inspection plan, the same screen, Inspection plan header will tell you the assigned sample drawing procedure, inspection point etc.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyamal,

Yes i found it .but both of these fields are blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry boss,

But I am not getting you, You have to assign some inspection point to the inspection plan, other wise it wont allow you to record result. So i think i can't be blank.

Regards,

Shyamal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a conclusion I can again say,

Waht ever the quantity you post in the "Unrestricted Use" at QA11. The same shloud be printed alos in the QC26. So it is not going that way I humbly request you to sit with your developer and find there must be something wrong in ZCQA015

Regards with good luck!

Any further question is truly welcomed.

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

i am on the main screen of QP03.

These are the details:

Inspec. points : Blank

Sample-drawing proc. : Blank

:Dynamic mod. level: Modification rule

& I am able to see the previous inscpection lots & certificate.

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I showing you the clients comments what he wants from the certificate.

1.The header and bottom line is too short.

2.The sampling size for "100% or *% inspection" characteristic is not same as release quantity or calculated base on release quantity.

• This is wat we are discussing**

3.For "Total PGM loading" can not calculate "Min/Max" if we set up this charactersitic as "summary";and it can not calculate correct if we set up it as "single"

4.The position is not in the middle of center if the upper value is "N/A".

5.The samle size position for "Dimension and Gerneral Workmanship(Visual Defect)" is not consistent with above.

This I wanted to disucss later*********

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

All of first you try an scenario that system will not allow you to record result if you have kept the inspection point field blank.

But anyways, now I will try to answer your queries one by one.

1.The header and bottom line is too short.

This is purely based of report developing matter, I am sure your ABAPer will solve it.

2.The sampling size for "100% or *% inspection" characteristic is not same as release quantity or calculated base on release quantity.

In case of 100% inspection inspection, as I have earlier also, the the sample size and lot size = released quantity.

And as solution of this i'll strongly recommend you to sit with your ABAPer and try to understand what logic they have passed to get the value of released quantity, the correct quantity should be, the value in the field "LMENGE01" from table QALS against the inspection lot. Not other value should be there as RELEASE quantity.

3.For "Total PGM loading" can not calculate "Min/Max" if we set up this charactersitic as "summary";and it can not calculate correct if we set up it as "single"

I have suggested you earlier also to keep two separate MIC for "Total PGM loading Value (maximum)"

"Total PGM loading Value (minimum)"

Hence you need to print them both individually, so to keep them separate will be more convenient to get printed. I will go with some work around and let you know that whether is it possible to get the MAX / MIN value of MIC values (single results).

5.The samle size position for "Dimension and Gerneral Workmanship(Visual Defect)" is not consistent with above.

Again i will say, This is purely based of report developing matter, I am sure your ABAPer will solve it.

Best Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Tried to contact you on on hotmail.

Please help in this ,..

Hi ,

I am facing an issue in outgoing Quality certificate. I am not able to fetch the specifications for the the inspection characteristic& their result in the quality certificate.Although some of the are reflecting but some are not.

Please advice.

Regards,

Vivek Sharma