cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference Between connect and connector steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What is the difference between connect step and connector step in a workflow?

Thanks

Narendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Connect: Connects the two steps. These two steps are on the same page of MS visio.

Connector: Connects the two steps of WF if these two steps are on different pages of MS visio, as in case of a huge WF design you can use multiple pages of visio. This is why we have only one point of connection at this icon. It automatically connects the step connected to it to the first step on the next page.

Hope this is clear.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Edited by: Dheeraj Kumar on Jul 11, 2008 11:39 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Both Connect and Connector steps provides the same functionality i.e. to connect two steps. The only difference is with the connector you need to manually connect the two steps and using connet step you need to pass the next step to be connected.

Connect step helps to simplified the workflow design in case of complex workflows for proper understanding of the flow.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replies.

So, connector is for connect 2 steps which are on the same page and connect is for

connect steps which are on the different pages.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Narendra you are right. Also as i mentinoned that you can make your workflow design simpler even though it is in same page.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Connector which is used to connect two steps and has one input as well as one output mean ->Connectot--> whwereas Connect has one input and zero outputs mean

-

>Connector it is useful when steps are not adjacent and on different pages of Microsoft Visio diagram.

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if useful......

Mandeep Saini