cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KG to KG conversion in Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a situation like in the material master the materials Base Unit of Measure is in KG and its Net Weight is given in KG. After billing for the material in vf03 line item details the Billed Quantity is in KG and the Net weight is also in KG which is multiplied by the Net Weight in Material Master (MM03) which is not correct. For example the material is billed for 5 KG but the Net weight will be 50 KG is the Net Weight in MM03 is 10 KG. How do i handle this KG to KG conversion.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Samson

If I understood your explanation correctly, I feel system is converting the weight correctly. Bcoz, you have maintained the net weight of material as 10 kgs in material master and you have created sale order of that material for quantity of 5 kgs. So what system does is that it multiplies order quantity into net weight what you maintained in material master, ie 5 x 10 = 50 kgs which is right.

If this is not your requirement is, please explain clearly what else it is.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

What the system does is correct.

But the KG to KG conversion is meaningless. I don't want the system to convert if both the billing and net weight UoM are same. Is there any solution for that.

Thanks

Samson

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Samson

On your comments, [KG to KG conversion is meaningless,] please make it correct. System is not converting the net weight but only cumulating the net weight.

May be if I read your mind correctly, you should maintain 1 kg in material maste, instead of 10 kgs, so that your requirement would be fulfilled

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

What you said is correct. If I maintain 1 KG in MM this issue is solved, but this material is of a kind in which its net weight is 10 KG and it could be billed in any quantity 1 or 2 or 20 KG(s).

So naturally 1 KG * 10 KG = 10 KG which will be the billed net weight, but physically its only 1 KG which is been billed.

I need this 1 KG in my bill net weight.

Thanks

Samson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To all seniors

To Check warehouse Stock, MB52 is the tcode(To check the stock)

Material-Number with Basic unit EA(Each) is to be converted into kg

In MM03(Display Material)Alternative Unit it is available in Kg

In MB52 it is not showing in Kg and in MMBE it shows only one material in Kg

Requirement

So the requirement is to Display the report in ALV which converts EA to KG along with the following fields

MARA-MATNR

T001-WERKS

MARD-LGORT

MCHB-CHARG

MARD-LABST

MARA-MEINS

i am getting problem how to convert which field and table i have to take.rest of the things i have done like alv display etc

Pls Help

Regards

Mateen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi samson

please maintain material master views as follows:

Basic data 1: view>

Base unit of measure: EA-each

Additional data- tab> unit of measure 10 KG = 1 EA

Sales Org data 1: View>

Sales unit: EA

Then check your scenario again.

If i correct understood your problem it should work

Thanks & regards

Arshad

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friend samson!!!!

u understand one thing u create material suppose material name is LAPTOP for that material u maintain for one quantity or for one pcs NET WEIGHT IS 10 KG

now when u create sales order in that u add the quantity of material (means quantity of laptop that is 5) here don't confuse the unit which is adjacent tab in sales order

then system calculate total weight of material that is 5 LAPTOP MUTIPLY BY HIS WEIGHT 10 ==50 KG

HOPE U CLEAR

REWARD POINTS