cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Jco Connections --No values displaying for Message srever

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

While creating Jco Connections eg: BI_METADATA from Web Dynpro content Administrator.

Message Server drop down box values are blank:

Producing that error:

in the navigational steps:

Name: BI_METADATA

Cleint: 200

Click Next:

USe Local J2EE engine " on QEP on ephqat"

Dictionary Meta Data

Message server: * No values are displaying in this drop down box*

Error Message is: There are no message servers maintained in the associated SLD. Please contact your system administrator

Actually all of my Jco connections are in RED icon....

and Portal to BI connection test is ok.

any suggestsions please.

Thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to http://<host>:<port>/sld.

Techinical Systems -> ABAP System -> identify BI system and see message server entry & log on group is there.

nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil

All Details are there but Message server details and Logon Group details are not there. and more over i can not edit the values for message server.it is GRAY coloured.

For that i deleted the entry from Technical systems....Then i tried to enter with all the correct values i.e messageserver and hostname logical client........and at then the end when i click FINISH it is throwing

the error is;

CIM_ERR_ALREADY_EXISTS: Instance already exists: SAP_InstalledProduct.CollectionID="2e72f0ea-9ffe-fc21-2aac-491a119387ec",ProductIdentifyingNumber="01200615320900001250",ProductName="SAP NETWEAVER",ProductVendor="sap.com",ProductVersion="2004S",SystemID="QBW.SystemNumber.0020084767.SystemHome.bwhqat"

i tried with delete the entry from Technical systems and REFRESH the SLD and added. the entry..same probs continues... but the old entry is displying again....which is missing with message server and logon group..

Any help please

Thanks in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create a system, it adds entry at many places like business system, ports and stuff like that. If you get this message that the system is already existing that means that it was created successfully last time. Just try to create a JCO connnection and see you might be able to see your message server populated.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murtuja

Yes u r right but in that entries all are available but message server and logon Group entry are not there....if i try to enter that only value (message server name or Group name) it is throwing error...

my all RFC's are in RED. When i creating that RFC, there is no entry in message server..so i am unable to create JCo.

so i decided to delete that Technical system and refresh and recreate it... still while recreation it is giving already system is defined..

any suggestions please..

Thanks in advance

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in system landscape directory, search for the ABAP WAS host system and if found, delete the system.

Steps creating ABAP Tech. system.

1. Choose Tech. system type WEB AS ABAP

2. <SID> of ABAP

Installation number

Database Host <host name>

3. Message Server Host: <host name>

Port: 3600 + <nr>

3.1 Log on group would've shown, else

3.1.1 Go to SMLG in ABAP System, choose, Log on group with ext-RFC enabled.

Centrail Application Server:

Host Name: <host name>

inst. number <nr>

4. Application server

4.1 Add application server

host name< host name>

inst. num< nr>

5. Add Clients

client number: <your client>

Logical name: <SID>CLNT<your client>

6. Installed Products.

6.1 SAP WEB AS (higher version available)

6.2 you can select all for s/w Components and finish wizard.

now try creating JCo again.

nikhil