Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping condition for particular field

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement in mapping like I am taking data from flat file with 6 fields and sending to R/3 through proxy. but before sending into R/3 we need to send the data based on the condition like, when one of the field is having the specified constant then that entire row should be ignored from the flat file to proxy transfer If the condition is not satisfied then the row should go to R/3. How to achive that if one fileld is not satisfied the condition the entire row should be eliminated how to achive that. that condition is achived by a constant. please tell me the basic idea?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can able to check the condition in parent node level.

If (exists) ->create if->Target

For more Mapping guidelines documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/1ebc6111ea2f45a9946c702b685299/content.htm

Thanks.

Boopathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In ur graphical mapping, you use the createif function and create the node only if the condition is gettin satisfied, another way is, if the condition is getting satisfied, pass a blank constant to the node, and it will get created.

Hope this clears your doubt

Thanks

Saiyog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Consider your field to be 'A'. If A=constant say 10, then that particular node 'N' must be ignored.

If this is ur requirement, then it can be achieved by using if-then condition.

if field 'A' -> equals -> not -> constant (10) -> node 'N'

Reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Geetha J.

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

creation of Node is ok. But the condition should work for the field under the node and it contains only one node. Thanks for the ignition,

Here is my solution,

Source(value) -> If, compare (source=constant) -> ignore the node (here the source field should connect to node)

else send row to target node.

is my assumption is correct?

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Put the condition in your graphical mapping. If the condition is true then only create the node on the target side..!!

VJ