cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP R/3 IDES Installation on External Hard Disk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have a laptop with Windows XP Professional , 1 GB RAM and 120 GB Hard Disk With two Drives one is C Drive 100 GB and another is D Drive 20 GB Space.

I want get SAP R/3 4.7 IDES Version installed on External Hard( 260 GB Capacity) , Because After Installing SAP on Laptop system will run slowly.That's why I want SAP R/3 IDEAS to be installed on External Hard Disk.

Could you please advice me ,Is it possible to Install SAP R/3 IDES 4.7 Version on External Hard Disk (260 GB Capacity) ? .

Thanks In Advance.

Regards,

Ravikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravikanth

ThankZzzzzz.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravikanth

You can install IDES on External HDD for that you install Windows 2K/2003. Regarding performance issue you have to options.

a) make your laptop multiboot for XP and win2003 and Install SAP on Win2003 OS, so that you can login to SAP

as and when needed.

b) If you don't want your laptop on multiboot then install Win2003 and install SAP on your ExtHDD, then make all SAP and DB services to Manual. In this case if u want to use SAP first connect your ExtHDD to your Laptop then only switch on you Laptop once the OS is booted start the SAP and DB services then Start sap form MMC.

Plz revert if u have any doubts.

Vinod G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod

I have given points for your Answer

I will try and get back to you.

Thanks

Ravikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not think so that installing on external HDD gives you better performance, you are facing more performance problem after installing on External HDD.

instead of using XP as OS go for server edition of windows i.e WIN 2k or 2003 server

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal

Thanks Reply

I do not use SAP Much . SAP is Just for reference only. That's why I want to SAP to be installed on External HDD.

But I use my Laptop Regularly. SAP occupies Much Space and Memory on System and subsequently system performance will be slow.

Is there any other better way to install SAP R/3 IDES on External HDD

Thanks

Ravikanth