cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE09 - goto - action log - not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to resolve a problem where the action log is not showing any data. I manually created the directory /usr/sap/trans/actlog and tried to create a transport but when I go check the actlog directory it is still empty and I do not see any files in the directory. In SE09/SE10 when I select a released transport and select goto - action log I get a message saying no log entries find. Does anyone know how to enable the action log here?

Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alog will be there in the log directory of the transport Dir.

Try to check in this location for ALOG.

/usr/sap/trans/log/

see more in the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/e7/0db6a6f9d211d184870000e8a57770/frameset.htm

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. The problem was that the ARCLOG directory needed to be created manually and then the permissions had to be set correctly. Only the new transports showed up from that point on.

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response.

My ALOG directory is storing logs but I don't believe that is the same information that is in the action log. From what my functional counterparts are saying, this is suppose to store history data regarding transports. I tested a transport release and it is looking for a format of <SID>Z#####.<SID> in the directory /usr/sap/trans/actlog

Since nothing is writting to that directory when a transport is released I am assuming their is some profile parameter or setting that needs to be adjusted to turn this feature on. Does this work in your systems by default?

Lee