cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If we want to comminicate with HTTP client what are the prerequisites to do in PI?

Do we need to get any xsd or WSDL structures from HTTP client or whatever the message generated in PI is accepted by HTTP client?

What is the difference between webservice and HTTP client?

Thank you,

Regards,

Kartikeya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Difference between SOAP and HTTP

When you need to Send Data to XI from a Webservice , your SOAP adapter is used.

HTTP adapter is used when you want to post a HTTP request message from a web application to XI

There is no need to configure HTTP adapter since it sits on the ABAP stack . For receiver HTTP adapter refer this:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

-->HTTP Errors

If helpful reward points

Regards,

Pradeep

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

I found some of your documents quite helpful. I do have a question I hope you can answer, as no one else seems to be able to. The one document contains errors, including a 401 error, which means Unauthorized.

I am attempting to perform authorization using a certificate, but it doesn't seem to be working. I created an identity and PSE in STRUST and added the customer's certificate, created a new user in SU01, and mapped that user to their certificate in table USREXTID. I still get the unauthorized error.

Do you know any fixes for this? Or have a better set of instructions for this setup?

Larry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If sender communication channel is not required in case HTTP why we have the option in enable state.(For Idoc it is in disable mode).?.

Do we need to install any drivers related to third party HTTP client in our system?

Regards,

Kartikeya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi karthik

Do we need to install any drivers related to third party HTTP client in our system

no need

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos
VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> If we want to comminicate with HTTP client what are the prerequisites to do in PI?

Nothing. You need to develop your repository objects as needed by the HTTP system if it is receiver.

> Do we need to get any xsd or WSDL structures from HTTP client or whatever the message generated in PI is accepted by HTTP client?

It depends on the way the HTTP system is designed. If they have any xsd you can use them to create your datatypes or message types.

>

> What is the difference between webservice and HTTP client?

WS work on SOAP protocol

HTTP services on HTTP protocol.

VJ