Hi,

Our Projects are assigned a Budget profile with the following settings:

Activation Type 2 Usage 1.00

Overall - X (ticked)

Releases - (not ticked)

In define tolerance limits, the settings for the budget profile are:

Tr Grp - 00, Act - 3, Usage - 100

Tr Grp - 01, Act - 3, Usage - 100

When I am creating a service order, with a WBS element assigned to it (Additional Data tab page), system is allowing me to create PRs in the service order (for text items), even if the PR value exceeds the budget assigned to the WBSe. I have reconstructed availability control (CJBN). Also checked that the cost elements are not exempted from AVAC. Even then the system is not restricting the PR creation.

My query: Is this a standard behaviour for the above settings? If the system is to give a budget check error while creating the PR, what should be the settings?

Would appreciate & reward appropriately a quick reply

Rgds

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually we use Activation Type 1.then AVAC gets active when you do Budgeting.

if you are not getting expected results then ,you can check in Transaction OKKP , whether Commitment Management is set to Active status for your Controlling Area.

Try This.

Regards,

Nitin

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the note: [166394|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=166394]

Thanks,

babu0808_
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ekta/Varshal,

Thanks for your replies.

The WBSe system status is indeed AVAC. I have also checked the note & everything seems to be perfectly alright. Its been quite a puzzle for me. Will try to check out with the business, exactly what budgeting functionality do they use.

Rgds

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

could you double check the WBS system status if it already has BUAP and AVAC?

sometimes budget has not been maintained so AVAC cannot be activated. thus, the effect of this is that if you create a project and release it, if you do not maintain a budget (CJ30), you can proceed with PR, PO etc.. and even incur actual costs even though there is totally no budget at all..

i dont know if we are thinking same scenario..

regards..

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi deepak,

As per the costomising settings you had done system

will behave

1. availablity control should be activate for overall budget.

2. Exceeding Tolerance limits in PR and PO 100% system triggers error message.

Kindly check the commitment managment is set active in OOKP controlling area.

Check the operative indicators for WBSE from cj20n account assignment indicator has set active.

Regards,

babu0808_
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi NAG/Nitin,

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

The committment management is active for my controlling area. I had reconstructed the AVAC using CJBN. Also the WBS element is of course with Account Assignment tick, else I wouldnt have been allowed to assign it to the service order (Note: I am assigning level-2 WBSe, which is account assigned, whereas the level-1 is not a/c assigned). Even then the system is not giving error message on the PR value exceeding the budget. Strangely enough for other projects with a different budget profile with Activation type-1, it is working perfectly fine.

Can anyone find a clue from the above info?

In the meantime I will try to check again with giving a tick to the level-1 WBSe in the A/C assignment field.

Rgds

Deepak

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

If Activation type - 2 is used then avaliablility control will activate after running the project in t-code Cjbn.

We can activate this job in background also.

Hope this will help .

Regards,