cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart J2EE Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed SAP CRM 4.0 (WAS 640) with Internet Sales. The following are installed:

CRM 4.0 - ABAP/Oracle

Java Addin

ISA/IPC/TREX

How do I restart only the J2EE Server. It seems restart from SMICM does not work . How do I know that the J2ee is shutdown when i do it using the smicm t code. and how to restart it ?

regards,

Hasnain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

The following would STOP the J2ee:

SMICM --> (Menu)Administration --> J2EE-Server --> Send Hardshutdown or Softshutdown --> without restart.

Right ?

Then how do I restart J2ee?

regards,

Hasnain

former_member292569
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hasnain,

if you stoped the j2ee you probably will be able to start it by using

SMICM --> (Menu)Administration --> J2EE-Server --> restart --> yes

maybe also using

SMICM --> (Menu)Administration --> J2EE-Server --> Send Hardshutdown or Softshutdown --> with restart

would start it, but I'm not really sure.

Best regards,

Jens

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Hasnain,

you may find that

SMICM -> "Goto" -> "HTTP Server" "Display Data"

is helpful in determining the staus of the J2EE engine. This lets you know if the profile parameters are configured correctly and if the engine is operational.

regards,

Hugh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks. This works.

Regards,

Hasnain

HayBouten
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hasnain,

SMICM --> (Menu)Administration --> J2EE-Server --> Send Hardshutdown or Softshutdown --> without restart

This indeed stops the J2EE server. To start the J2EE server again you must select: SMICM --> (Menu)Administration --> J2EE-Server --> Restart --> Yes

SMICM --> (Menu)Administration --> J2EE-Server --> Send Hardshutdown or Softshutdown --> with restart

This will stop and then start the J2EE server.

The status if the J2EE server can be checked in ST11 and displaying the dev_disp. In this file you wille see the stop ans start loggin of the J2EE server.

Regards,

Hay

former_member292569
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hasnain,

you can restart via SMICM --> (Menu)Administration --> J2EE-Server --> Send Hardshutdown or Softshutdown --> with restart.

You can verify if the j2ee is down either by looking if the processes (jlaunch) are running on os-level. Or by just accessing the j2ee via http (http://<fqdn>:5<systemnumber>00). If you get a response from that url, j2ee is running.

Best regards,

Jens