Did you mean: 

SMD Agent Setup failed sp15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am installing SMD Agent on my Dev server, using SMDAGENT13_0-20001671.SAR

All is fine untill the 'Lookup HTTP Connection via Message Server' Parameter

I get the error message

Make sure that the LMSERVICE.SCA is deployed and that the SMD server is not running under maintenance mode. Choose "Cancel" to modify managing configuration or "OK" to continue. If you choose to continue, the SMD Agent Setup step will fail during installation.

I have deployed the SCA to the DEV server

LMSERVICE14P_5-20001429.SCA

And the solution manager is not in maintenance mode

if i continue the installation, it will finish but leave the following error in the log file

- STEP 7: checking P4 Connection and SMD Agent Registration

External Command Executed:

C:\j2sdk1.4.2_14-x64\bin\java -DP4ClassLoad=P4Connection -Dsap.p4.remote_classloading=false -cp "lib\sapxmltoolkit.jar;lib\smdagent.jar;lib\tc_sec_secstorefs.jar;lib\iaik_jce_export.jar;lib\logging.jar;lib\smdserver.jar;lib\exception.jar;lib\sapj2eeclient.jar;lib\launcher\smdagentlauncher.jar" com.sap.smd.setup.Setup /p4connection

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P4 Connection succeeded but SMD Agent Registration failed

Root exception is: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NameNotFoundException: Object not found in lookup of smdserver.

-

ERROR!!! SMD Agent Setup failed - Please retry

-

The Solution manager server doesn not show the agent, but the server existis in SMSY.

I must be missing something, has anyone had the same problem or has a fix?

Thanks

Edited by: Mike Gordon on Jul 10, 2008 4:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although this issue is very old, i had the same one in Solution Manager 7.1. SPS8 while installing Diagnostic Agent for an applikation server. For me the solution was, as the Error said, disable maintenance mode. To do so i opened the TA solman_setup step 4.4 (Set Authentication Policy for Agents) und opened the Agent Administration. With the right User (j2ee_admin) one could disable the Mode there.

Hope it helps other.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SolMan 7.1 SPS12, the path to disable maintenance mode is:

TA solman_setup  -> Scenario 'System preparation' -> 5.4 Set Authentication Policy for Agents -> Agent Administration -> set Maintance Mode to off

andrew_hodgins
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks! That worked for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I had a similar problem. When I installed the SMD agent it finished but it din't appear in solution manager diagnostics.

When you execute sapinst, in one of the steps, you must insert hostname. This hostname, must be the hostname of the solution manager, and not your dev system one.

I solved this problem in this way.

I hope it helps you

Best regards.